What's missing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

paniv

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I bought a house with a mesh dish in the roof and a GI 350i receiver. I get some free channels down here in Puerto Rico but I want to subscribe. The problem is that I cannot find my unit ID. I follow the user guide instructions and press "setup" then "1" "1" on a scrambled channel but all that happens is that the channel changes to 11. I obviously know nothing about this - maybe some one can tell me what equipment I may be missing or wht I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

For that to work you must be tuned to a VC2+ scrambled channel, when you are you will see a black screen and then you can press Setup then "1" "1"

If you are doing this and its still not working there is a chanceyour setup button is not working.

You can see your VC2 ID number by popping the VC2+ module out of the 350 as it is written on the sticker on the decoder unit.

I thought that the GI 350i was a Digicipher unit? the one that they used for Primestar?

Thanks for your suggestions but I still can't access my ID# because (1) the sticker only gives the first 9 characters of the #, and (2) I cannot find any channel with a black screen - all blue or scrambled or in the clear and the setup button does nothing on any of them.

paniv said:
Thanks for your suggestions but I still can't access my ID# because (1) the sticker only gives the first 9 characters of the #, and (2) I cannot find any channel with a black screen - all blue or scrambled or in the clear and the setup button does nothing on any of them.

I am a C band newbie , but on my IRD , if I hit a scrambled channel , a nag screen pops up telling me I am not subscribed .

Is it possable the battery is dead on his VC II module ? Or the module is just not working ?

Wyr

problem solved

Thanks for your help. The module was not seated properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)