What's on AMC 9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
With RTN leaving G-18 I was toying with the idea of moving my stationary dish to AMC 9. Before the move, though, I thought I would ask some of you guys what else is on AMC 9?

Thanks. I think I like my channels right now on G-18. I may look for a second dish to pick up RTN. There are lots of used Dish 500 dishes around. Do you think one of them might work with a linear LNB, or should I try to find a larger one?

Thanks. I think I like my channels right now on G-18. I may look for a second dish to pick up RTN. There are lots of used Dish 500 dishes around. Do you think one of them might work with a linear LNB, or should I try to find a larger one?

Not for RTN. It has a fairly weak signal and people are having trouble locking it on bigger dishes. You *might* be able to with a Superdish, but not worth trying unless the dish was free. A few weeks that wouldn't have been a thought, but they did bump the signal up recently. Before the bump I was just barely above the threshold on a Coolsat 6000 with my 90CM and Invacom LNBF, now it is a lot better. The extra signal might let a Superdish pick it up depending on your location.

a Dish 500 is too small for probably 99% of the FTA channels out there. A few of us have been able to pick up really strong signals like White Springs, 3ABN, CCTV9 and even GBN on AMC6 but its not practical for almost all the signals out there.

Ya need a 30" or larger dish, a Superdish, Primestar dish etc

thread on same type subject with links and pics
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/158304-cctv-18-dish.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)