Galaxy 19 or Galaxy 25 at 97.0°W Question??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tacafta

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
PR
]I have a Dtv dish of 47'' , and I want to get the Galaxy 19 at 97°W . I am in PR. Could be possible??

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as the dish has a KU LNB it might be possible. Cant guarantee anything unless you try ;)
(also since we usually have reports from the 50 states/Canada with signal readings I dont know if we had a Puerto Rico reading)??

Looks doable

Theoretically Yes

if SatBeams.com is to be believed (since LyngSat doesn't have a footprint yet...) it says "most" of PR needs a 1 meter (39" dish). A 1.2 meter (48") should give you enough signal.

Here's a coverage map for G19
Intelsat Global Telecommunications Satellite Network
you'll have to pick the satellite at 97 from the list and click, it's too small for me to read the DB numbers

The number for G19 Ku-band for Puerto Rico is 46.1 dbw. I have not done link calculations to know what minimum size dish that works out to if you ignore issues like 2-degree spacing and using a dish large enough to get one sat at a time.

My First FTA , I cant get it

I bought an LNB DMS Standard 0.3 dB and bought the receiver neusat sp 6000p. I use a Dtv old dish of 47'' . Now the thing is that I dont get the Hispasat or the 97W . I really dont understand well the receiver . First dont have the Hispasat , I have to add it. Also not make any sound when check signal. I write the information like the LNB and a TP that I find on the internet and when I select the all scan , its makes a fast scan , then shows 100% and stop. But very fast without any sound .

I dont get any signal , one thing , Do I have to select every time all scan when I move the dish??

How I know if the LNB is good if I made the hand test and the receiver still scan and finish the process??

Please help ,

Thanks!

Are you in Puerto Rico? (PR)
Elevation: 43.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 125.3° Using a Compass
LNB Skew [?]: -61.1° counterclockwise, 10 o'clock when looking at the Dish
arrow-l.png

Did you enter the correct LNB info into the Receiver's Setup Menu:
LNB Power: On
LNB Type: Standard or Single
LNB Freq. or L.O.: 10750, look on the LNB there is a sticker that had the info

You should now have a Signal Strength, it is not a Sat Signal, Signal Strength lets you know that the wires are connected correctly.
A Sat Signal is the Quality Reading. The Quality Meter will only show when you are pointed correctly at the Sat AND have a Live / Active Transponder selected on the Setup Menu.

Now the thing is that I dont get the Hispasat or the 97W
Explain, I don't understand what you are asking.

thanks , First I didn't use the magnetic , I didn't know it. yes I am in Puerto Rico in Caguas.

I said is that I am looking for the 30.0 W and 97.0 W Satellites.

I will check ....

Thanks Iceberg

no motorized dish.

I move the dish to magnetic azimuth and I get the 97W (Thanks again LaK7) . But I can get vertical TP . I get 20 true FTA channels only . I made a blind scan but no add mores.

What is happening with the verticals TP?

Yes, Thanks! I skew at 2 o'clock like you said and get almost all the channels (like 160 FTA) .

Now the mission is the Hispasat that its very difficult to get . I didn't find that signal I am thinking in buy a satfinder because my receiver is not too friendly looking for signals. By example I can't search the signal constantly . I have to press scan every time.. Also the receiver dont have the Hispasat on its programation so give me a some problem. But I think with a 43.8 of elevation I am not too out , but ...

If any one have experience with that sat. and know tricks or something... invert the dish..

For Hispasat, you can Pick any unused Sat, re-name it if you want, and enter the Transponder info you need. You can also save the Sat / Channel list to a Computer and use a program to edit the list and send back to the receiver.

But I think with a 43.8 of elevation I am not too out , but ...
You should have no problem, unless there is a something in the Line of Sight.
Remember to Skew properly, with a non-motorized Dish, the skew is different for every Sat.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

Its normal , don't get some channels ? By example I am on the 97 W and I receive like more than 100 true FTA , but I dont receive the Aljazeera Sport . Even I receive from the same TP freq. I receive other channels except that one. Its normal or I have to change something??

I get Hispasat. Its was that I didn't understand the functions of my receiver . But now if more easy to get the signals.

One question:

If I don't get all the channels from the sat. What would be happening?? What I have to change or adjust??

Congrats!!! :)

If I don't get all the channels from the sat. What would be happening?? What I have to change or adjust??
Channels come and go all the time.
Start a new topic asking for confirmation on a specific channel.
Remember, channels must be listed on Lyngsat or "The List" (at the top of this web page)

some channels have a weaker signal so its possible you arent getting them

I know on Hispasat there was like 3 or 4 transponders I couldnt get a good enough signal because of low power

Some of those channels you "Don't" get may be scrambled. If you blind scan and select ALL , you will get fta channels available, both scrambled and free. Or if you mean free channels you should be getting , but don't, that could be many things, dish alignment, lnb or receiver sensitivity, weather, obstructions in line of sight, just to name a few...

checking mike's site (global-cm.net) there are some weak signals

V-12156 02.222 4194 4197 CANAL 6 TV COOPERATIVA Argentina WEAK SIGNAL
V-12159 02.348 0308 0256 CANAL LUZ SATELITAL Argentina WEAK SIGNAL
8191 0255 Audio: FM Vida-94.7 La Paz, Argentina WEAK SIGNAL
V-12173 02.222 1160 1120 CANAL 21 Argentina WEAK SIGNAL
V-12180 03.340 1160 1120 ENCUENTRO Argentina WEAK SIGNAL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)