whats the 922 S115XAJD ?

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Whats the software S115 XAJD for the 922 for ? i just received it last night and ty for any replies :)

I got S115 last night.....as usual it's not obvious to me what's new, I did have to reboot to get Caller ID working I read the disappearing recordings issue was going to be addressed by the update, mine never disappeared though, hopefully it stays that way.

Mine got S115 last night also.. Today it couldn't find the EHD.. I had to reboot it to locate it.. But don't see anything obvious.

S115 addresses known issues with the 922 receiver. Problems that have been reported to us. I believe one of the fixes dealt with the Icons. I'll try to find what was addressed.

Whats the software S115 XAJD for the 922 for ? i just received it last night and ty for any replies :)

Thanks for the heads up!!!...yea just checked and I have it also......streaming has been much better as of late, hope there is far more!!!!

yw :) hope to find out what the update was for and ty for anyone that finds out :)

Ray C@DISH Network said:
S115 addresses known issues with the 922 receiver. Problems that have been reported to us. I believe one of the fixes dealt with the Icons. I'll try to find what was addressed.

Known issues like the yellow and blue buttons when using ir or universal remote? (or GoogleTV)

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Forum Runner

Edit an hour or so later: Nope. Still not fixed.

Last edited:
Perhaps a DISH rep could help with this.

I was hoping this update would add the channel logos in the guide for TV2. It didn't. I know that TV2 functionality is a fairly recent addition, so the lack of logos in the guide when watching on TV2 is probably an oversight. I do find the logos truly useful, though. Is adding them to the guide for TV2 on the roadmap for an upcoming software update?

Thanks!

You're guess is as good as ours. We typically don't know about receiver features that are put out in software updates until the software is already spooling.

If it shows up, it shows up. Otherwise we have no information on what will come out (everything would just be speculation until it's announced)

ViP 922 SlingLoaded Receiver - S115
Fixed incorrect percentage of available Hard Drive Space, Removed time references from browse for FVOD events, Added HD, 3D and 1080P icons to browse to show event is in HD/3D/1080P, Standard Definition Closed Captioning fix, Misc stability fixes

ever since the new download when i reset the receiver it does that starting up screen and restart it 5 times anoyone know why? before it was just once ty for any help :)

Perhaps a DISH rep could help with this.

I was hoping this update would add the channel logos in the guide for TV2. It didn't. I know that TV2 functionality is a fairly recent addition, so the lack of logos in the guide when watching on TV2 is probably an oversight. I do find the logos truly useful, though. Is adding them to the guide for TV2 on the roadmap for an upcoming software update?

Thanks!

Hey, Jazzfan, I'm with you. I am really close to getting a 922 for my mother, but no logos on TV2 is a new "ding" on the 922. She often watches the DVR in Single mode in bed at night, so TV2 won't be an issue then, but there are times when she has to watch TV2 Dual Mode in bed while a recording is being bumped from TV1 to DVD.

I really would like to get a 922 for her as the HD interface, channel logos and content icons for TV shows and movies would greatly enhance her being able to read the info and locate shows using graphics instead of text. But there is always some new bug that someone reports (such as the 5 time reboot in a previous post) that just SCARES me. She would love a 922, but the thing has to work at least as well as the 722/K. I think I'll wait a bit longer.

my 922 now since i have gotten the latest update when i reset the 922 starts over to the start up screen 4 to 5 times.anyone else have this problem since the S115XAJD update? ty for any replies and help :)

Matt why does it take the 922 longer to restart since the last update S115XAJD for the 922? ty for any help :)

Couldn't say (as in it wasn't specified in the release notes). I know that (at least) one time in the past the reboot process was lengthened because it had less problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)