What's the best C / KU combination LNB out there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Whats the best C / KU combination LNBF that does not have a servo motor. The one I have now is working well, but it seems to take a longg time to scan in. It's now picking up both C H and V, haven't tried out ku yet. When my pansat scans in, it seems like it wants to pickup the transponders, but misses them often and the ones it does get are sometimes weak whereas other transponders are strong in the 85+ quality. That leads me to belive that the dish is spot on, but the LNB is underperforming.

I would like to see if there is a lnb out there that has a very low noise figure? That might help.. It would be nice if Invacom made a c / ku combo. Thanks.

Which C/KU LNB you using pal, you didn't mention it.

Im using the one from DMSI, I would say its around 10 + Never really timed it... I know it took long enough last night to go take a shower and come back it was 3/4ths of the way done. KU on my 90 Cm was alot quicker to scan, it took like 1/4th of the time.

Im using the one from DMSI, I would say its around 10 + Never really timed it... I know it took long enough last night to go take a shower and come back it was 3/4ths of the way done. KU on my 90 Cm was alot quicker to scan, it took like 1/4th of the time.

OK. I am currently using the DMS 621-2 and as far as Blind scan it takes about 5-7min approx on Cband using a Pansat 2500. Now when I use an old Neusat Premium I bought for $20.00 on craigslist, that puppy takes over an hour cause it does a more detailed blind scan.

So I say it has alot to do with the actual FTA receiver in use.

Yea im looking at the DMX741U, Im pritty sure that this LNB I have has something wrong with it as when I swap it out with other prime focus lnb's the signal recived is much more stronger.

Sat AV CK-1. I have two of them and am extremely pleased. They work on deep dishes, they work on shallow dishes. Takes a little tweaking to get them right, but once you do, its over. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.