Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
The usual network discussion threads are now listed as "older" discussions. In normal list, is a graphic and synopsis of new or returning shows for the new season. So, in some cases, people might post in two different places, wrecking any discussion continuity. Why? Me no like!!!

The new forums are for show and episode discussion. The older forum areas hopefully will be for news, spoilers, links, etc. It is our hope that this new area will bring back discussions to the forefront without the disrupting spoiler/news posts. At least that's my hope.

S~

These are just TV shows.... When I saw "older" I first thought archival shows.. So now we go to one place for some info... and then have to go to another place to get more info... Its just a TV show...

The new forums are for show and episode discussion. The older forum areas hopefully will be for news, spoilers, links, etc. It is our hope that this new area will bring back discussions to the forefront without the disrupting spoiler/news posts. At least that's my hope.

S~

The problem is very few of us actually watch in real time. At earliest I'm a few days behind to a half season or full season on some shows

These are just TV shows.... When I saw "older" I first thought archival shows.. So now we go to one place for some info... and then have to go to another place to get more info... Its just a TV show...
Not to teachsac.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I didn't start the new forums. It wasn't even my idea. I do like the new forums, though. Many users just want to watch and discuss the show without being bombarded by 20,000 links to news, spoilers, etc. If the new forums work out, we will move the folders into the network forum similar to the movies.

S~

S~

I didn't start the new forums. It wasn't even my idea. I do like the new forums, though. Many users just want to watch and discuss the show without being bombarded by 20,000 links to news, spoilers, etc. If the new forums work out, we will move the folders into the network forum similar to the movies.

S~
You and I both know where the "bombardment" is coming from (and no, not referring to you).

Amen! Better option would be everyone put w*******f on ignore.

S~
So, why not just have a section for shows SPOILERS and News ?

I do not like the constant Spoilers, however, I now have to jump between 2 different threads to discuss the shows I watch.

When I went to them the 1st time and looked at what was there, I found the new portion basically, info on what the show was, which in most cases, if your posting, you already know what the show is about.

I have already brought up renaming the older forums to news and spoilers and moving it inside the new network forums as a subforum. We'll see how everything plays out over the next month.

S~

You and I both know where the "bombardment" is coming from (and no, not referring to you).
There was even speculation a few months ago that all of those useless threads -- with one post, literally NO text, only link(s) to other sites, and NO responses -- was hurting the ad revenue from Google. Changes were made to accommodate then too. The mobile phone forums have been rearranged more than once, threads consolidated into one "news" thread, and so on. Why not just tell those couple posters to STOP ?

Reactions: KAB and Jimbo
If we go to the new style (not a big deal, the extra info is nice), just move all the old discussions there and leave what can be posted as is.

2 threads for 1 shows is pretty annoying, as most will not follow both. I don't mind how the old threads were, just move those posts into the new threads.

As for "spoilers", I do not consider anything a spoiler if the episode has already aired. If your not caught up, stay out of the thread.

The constant news links, with no actual posting material are annoying though.

As for "spoilers", I do not consider anything a spoiler if the episode has already aired. If your not caught up, stay out of the thread.
Clearly it's a challenge for some though ! You always have some complainers who think they're special and everyone else needs to wait until they have watched an episode before comments can be made about it.

I consider the descriptions of upcoming episodes to be spoilerish and try to avoid. Some days that is difficult if you navigate by 'New Posts' as I usually do.

Reactions: KAB
Clearly it's a challenge for some though ! You always have some complainers who think they're special and everyone else needs to wait until they have watched an episode before comments can be made about it.
The best conversation about an episode is right after it airs, not a week or more like some would want.
There are some shows I watch the night of, and some I wait until the weekend, or longer.
Some I didn't even catch up on until the summer.

Most shows I watch within a couple of days up to a week out maybe. The only show I (we) watch the same night is The Walking Dead (even then, we wait 15-20 minutes in so we can skip commercials). Too many people talk about it or hell, even places like CNN will cover it the following day if a major event happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.