What's the difference between a service only account and a flex account.

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Since the bottom feeders on the top floor at Dish are making me start a second account for my RV because I want Hoppers it has been suggested I get a flex account for my RV 612. I had decided on a service only account.

What are the differences between the two types of accounts? Or maybe just what is a flex account if you're not familiar with service only.

Sounds like flex and service only are one in the same which is what I expected.

Both require you to own your receiver(s)?

On edit: Didn't see post above before I posted, that they are the same.

Sounds like flex and service only are one in the same which is what I expected.

With a FlexTV account, there would be an activation fee, and an upfront fee to get a receiver from us. We would also schedule an install for you.

For Activation Only, you purchase and install everything on your own. This is what you will probably have.

Last edited:
With a FlexTV account, there would be an activation fee, and an upfront fee to get a receiver from us. We would also schedule an install for you.

For Activation Only, you purchase and install everything on your own. This is what you will probably have.
Thanks.

Yup, that's my situation. VIP612 owned and already installed in the RV.

You're welcome! Let me know if you need help getting it setup (if you haven't already)
Nope. Still preparing to order the Hopper-Joey set up for the house.

BTW, will the Hopper installers wig out if the 612 is sitting in the den where I have used it in the past when it was an additional DVR on the my account? There is an RG6 from the Dish1000 there.

Nope. Still preparing to order the Hopper-Joey set up for the house.

BTW, will the Hopper installers wig out if the 612 is sitting in the den where I have used it in the past when it was an additional DVR on the my account? There is an RG6 from the Dish1000 there.

They should know that it will be deactivated, and will disconnect it. Make sure that they don't take it with them if it is a purchased receiver.

They should know that it will be deactivated, and will disconnect it. Make sure that they don't take it with them if it is a purchased receiver.
I think I'll just carry it to the trailer in front of them thus giving them the opportunity to tell me I can leave it where it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)