What's the difference (Discovery)

searcy_5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Cleveland, MS
Haven't been home yet to watch the new hd channels, but what is the difference between discovery hd theater and this new discovery hd channel? Will there be new shows or is it similar to HBO E and W with the same programming running at different times?

Haven't been home yet to watch the new hd channels, but what is the difference between discovery hd theater and this new discovery hd channel? Will there be new shows or is it similar to HBO E and W with the same programming running at different times?

Discovery HD runs the same schedule as Discovery SD.

We like to watch "Sunrise Earth," and all week there has been a message referring us to it changing to its new home on Channel 9421. Sure enough, today there was no recording on the old site, Channel 181, it was moved to 9421 at the same time.

I think that DHDT is screwed by the events of today. Each channel in the discovery family is responsible for making its own profit. With the launch of all of these HD channels today, DHDT isn't allowed to compete with its sister channels. So they in turn can't purchase any HD programming that is shown on Disc-HD, Scie-HD, Anim-HD, or TLC-HD. So what will DHDT show from now on? Good question.

Expect DHDT to evolve into something very different very soon.

We like to watch "Sunrise Earth," and all week there has been a message referring us to it changing to its new home on Channel 9421. Sure enough, today there was no recording on the old site, Channel 181, it was moved to 9421 at the same time.

This is because you have HD Mapdown enabled, mapping down DiscHD Theatre to 181; now it is just on 9421; and (I am assuming - as I don't use mapdown) that Discovery HD maps to 181 since it is a simulcast.

I am not seeing Discovery HD Theater on 9421 like others have mentioned. Anyone else lose DHDT after Disc HD was launched today?

I am not seeing Discovery HD Theater on 9421 like others have mentioned. Anyone else lose DHDT after Disc HD was launched today?

Did you have it channel locked? It was mapped down before but the simulcast version took that spot.

thanks tsduke, I forgot that I had locked the higher channel numbers for all the mapped down HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)