What's the furthest out your antenna has ever reached?

Back in the '80's, I picked up a Florida station for a few hours from downtown Bridgeport Michigan! That's over 1,000 miles. I could pick up Pennsylvania stations right through Canada fairly regular, 300+ miles. I had an XG91 antenna with a rotor, around 58ft tall, and a Winegard 1db noise, 30db gain amplifier.

Bridgeport's elevation is 587ft also, and is in a "hot" area for signals.

When DXing, I have gotten over 250 miles in the analog days. With digital, about 200 when I lived in NC. Now, in NW VT, I get some Montreal channels sometimes, and CBC nearly all the time, at 60 miles. My locals are less than 20 miles LOS. There are people who can get Albany NY around 100 miles, but not many.

When I had my antenna outside 10 feet off the ground. I picked farthest east Canada and Cleveland Ohio south Cincinnati ohio, indianapolis, West-peroia Illinois, North bay city Michigan.

Couple of channels from MPLS (on more than one occasion, SSE) and one, weak, from Texas once (S). Also from southern Ontario (ESE)... All occurred in the analog days. Big CM (model # unk) VHF antenna on a CM rotator about 40 ft in the air then. Our 'locals' are 60 miles S, and around 45 miles E and an also around 40 to the SE. All VHF then. Today locals are: S-UHF, SE-U&VHF, E-VHF. Multiple antennas today as there's more than one receiver.

We don't get any E-skip out here on the West Coast, but I occasionally get a station on channel 24 via tropo that's approximately 175 miles away near Red Bluff, California.

Our problem here in the San Francisco Bay Area is the lack of open channels. We have so many stations within 75 miles of us, there are few channels available for receiving distant stations.

If any of you are interested in seeing my antennas and station log, check out: http://www.larrykenney.com/tvantennas.html on my web site.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Little Rock AR from Phoenix AZ. Analog channel 2 with an indoor set of rabbit ears. That was prior to the digital cutover, of course.

Analog:
KPRC (Houston), about 1,150 miles away. This was with indoor rabbit ears during the month-long analog "nightlight" in June-July 2009 when only some analog stations stayed on the air to relay information about the digital conversion. I'm sure channel 2 being pretty cleared out by that point helped with reception.

Digital:
Indoor antenna (Terk HDTVa) - WDAY (Fargo), about 150 miles away.
Outdoor antenna (Winegard Yagi) - KIMT (Mason City, IA), about 210 miles away.