What's the furthest out your antenna has ever reached?

Analog received in Grand Forks, N.D.
Channel 3 from Las Vegas, NV (1229 miles) the night that Robert Kennedy was killed (6-05-68)
Channel 3 KIII Corpus Christi-TX (1388 miles) at least once every summer in the 1960s & 1970s.

FM Radio from Madison WI: Several stations from Calgary, Alberta (1145 miles) 2006.

Reactions: fhsucade07
If any of you are interested in seeing my antennas and station log, check out: http://www.larrykenney.com/tvantennas.html on my web site.
LOVE the antenna setup! Of course when I see a Y10 7-13 I grumble. I had one when I lived in Minneapolis and used it to get KEYC CBS12 from Mankato (72 miles away). When I moved into my apartment I stored the antennas and dish farm at my dads (a HBU44, HBU33 and the 7-13 along with some C-Band and KU dishes) and somehow the antennas got damaged :mad:

Wish I still had that Y10 7-13

I just ordered one of these in place of a Y10-7-13 (no longer available, due to the RadioShack bankruptcy), and it should be delivered today: Amazon product ASIN B002VX4UFA

You can order it direct from the importer, but he has a $100 minimum. Click on "Larger Image" and the specs pop up. I need it for WJRT 12 for a second antenna system at the house. My main antenna system has a Y10-7-13 and HDB91x combined with a uvsj and a KT-200-Coax amp. This will be setup the same way, only using a PA-18 pre-amp I have sitting around:

http://www.abilityhdtv.com/product-...ch7_13_10db_high_gain_yagi_antenna-pid66.html

Reactions: Mr Tony
I just ordered one of these in place of a Y10-7-13 (no longer available, due to the RadioShack bankruptcy), and it should be delivered today: Amazon product ASIN B002VX4UFA

You can order it direct from the importer, but he has a $100 minimum. Click on "Larger Image" and the specs pop up. I need it for WJRT 12 for a second antenna system at the house. My main antenna system has a Y10-7-13 and HDB91x combined with a uvsj and a KT-200-Coax amp. This will be setup the same way, only using a PA-18 pre-amp I have sitting around:

http://www.abilityhdtv.com/product-...ch7_13_10db_high_gain_yagi_antenna-pid66.html

Super-FAST shipping! Ordered on Saturday night, and had it in my hands Tuesday morning, and it was already installed 6 hours later. I think the price is about $10.00 too high, (however, it was sent Fed-Ex, and he probably used some of the antenna cost to cover shipping) but I installed it and it works well, and there aren't many VHF only antennas left on the market.

It's a second antenna system I have setup for a different room. My main system consists of an AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF only antenna for WJRT 12, connected with a uvsj to a HDB91x yagi for my UHF channels. That runs through a Kitztech KT-200-coax (I also had to install an FM filter on the input to this amp as there is strong FM here). This is mounted up above my roof around 40ft on a pole. Then there's a 100ft run of quad-shield coax to my DVR and tv set. Works perfectly.

I needed to install a second system, but Y10-7-13 antennas aren't available anymore (AntennaCraft was shuttered due to the RadioShack bankruptcy), so I ordered this Fracarro antenna instead. I installed this on a 5 ft tripod, using a 14ft mast pipe (chain-link top rail). It's a complete duplicate of my main system, except I used a AntennasDirect PA-18 UHF/VHF amp I had laying around. This second antenna setup works almost as well as the main system, even though it's at about 1/2 the height, and 80ft away from that one.

I would definitely buy another one of these Fracarro's if I needed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)