What's The Latest PAC-10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, that's more than I knew before I asked the question. Is AT&T involved? I see the phrase "not even a reasonable possibly" but where are they and what is reasonable ? Who is most to blame? Does the PAC-10 want something different than they are getting from DISH or COX or COMCAST or any other providers? Is "D" the only company not on board with the PAC-10 NETWORK? Logic would say that the same contract should work for all concerned.

Well, that's more than I knew before I asked the question. Is AT&T involved? I see the phrase "not even a reasonable possibly" but where are they and what is reasonable ? Who is most to blame? Does the PAC-10 want something different than they are getting from DISH or COX or COMCAST or any other providers? Is "D" the only company not on board with the PAC-10 NETWORK? Logic would say that the same contract should work for all concerned.

My understanding was that Pac 12 wanted ESPN type of prices while DirecTV declined. Including carriage of all of the regional channels 24/7. That would have been a lot of wasted bandwidth. When ATT took over, They were almost at a deal but PAC 12 changed the terms after it was leaked that a deal was close and the channel was uplinked in testing. (Hearsay). DirecTV wanted to air the main Pac 12 channel and the regionals for game time only like how BTN is currently aired. This is all speculation though as I am sure the people with the story can't talk or confirm it. http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/pa...-possibility-as-rsn-begins-fifth-year-without One thing I do know is this fall squarely on Larry Scott. He had an opportunity to get his network on the number one satellite provider and walked away. Some deal is better than no deal, and the conference has suffered because of it.

I remember reading quite a bit about this controversial situation a couple of years ago but not so much lately. As a newer Directv member naturally I want the PAC-10 Network since I live in Arizona and follow the PAC-10. Ironically, being from BIG-10 country I also follow those teams and am happy that Directv carries the BIG-10 Network. So I wonder if the PAC-12 and Directv have a contract on the table that is different than the existing contracts that Dish Network or Comcast or Cox. If the PAC-12 wants something different than shame on them. If Directv wants something more lucrative than shame on them (my opinion). Now if every other provider has signed a contract with the PAC-12 and Directv considers those contracts to be unfair thus deciding to draw a line in the sand and not sigh a unfair contract, then good for them.

Last edited:
I read that a deal was close after the merger, but that DirecTV wanted to be the exclusive TV provider on the Pac12 campuses, and that was the deal breaker.

I read that a deal was close after the merger, but that DirecTV wanted to be the exclusive TV provider on the Pac12 campuses, and that was the deal breaker.

There was. It was even in test mode on channel 612 for a little bit, but never made the lineup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)