Whats the rush?

techweb,

I may be wrong, but the 250.00 for the 942 dvr is not a purchase. It's an up-front fee to just let you lease the box. You still have to pay a monthly lease fee for it and ultimately you do not own it. Pretty lame if you ask me.

This is my understanding. Can anyone else confirm this or let me know if I'm wrong?

Thats what Ive been reading too, dont like it either..Hell, I'll settle for the regular free dvr then.. Dish can Kish my ars...

You you think that 3HD channel from Adelphia and no HD locals is a bargain than move to Eriea nd order Adelphia. It is an HD wasteland here except for one PBSHD OTA. For me, the DI'SH offer looks petty good espeically if the 180 at $19.95 for 6 months holds. I will check tomorrow. For me I will not giver Rupert one penny as he destroyed the C-BAND I enoyed for 20 years. There is noting left of that and I am going to get rid of my 10ft DISH. Two dishes the wife will allow. 3..I am pushing it.

lostcause said:
techweb,

I may be wrong, but the 250.00 for the 942 dvr is not a purchase. It's an up-front fee to just let you lease the box. You still have to pay a monthly lease fee for it and ultimately you do not own it. Pretty lame if you ask me.

This is my understanding. Can anyone else confirm this or let me know if I'm wrong?

Yes, the $250 is an upgrade fee. You stil pay $5/month for a DVR fee AND $5/month for VOOm 10 AND $10/month for the 5 regular Dish HD channels AND an extended warranty fee for the 942 if you don't do a year's committment.

What irks me is--$100 for a new dish--when that and the 942 will not be necessary when the Mpeg-4 new receiver comes out and new HD channels are all on a different satellite!

So, their claim of "No committment, no equipment fees" are blatantly false. $100 and $250 is certainly a committment and is certainly an equipment fee!"

Shawn95GT said:
We set the box to record 'The OC' the other night and the president's speech messed up the schedule.

FYI, the episode that was supposed to air on 4/28 will be shown on 5/5 at 8:00 PM followed by a new episode at 9:00 pm.

hrmm...the dishnet offer is starting to sound less and less enticing the more I learn about it.

I hope other companies follow along and add the voom programming too.

I left dish 1 week ago and went with Adelphia and got 3 HDDVR with no commitment and the HD PQ is better than dish and the digital is very good but must admit that the analog is bad but with the number od channels who cares of lousy analog.With local HD channels I am getting more than Dish can offer even with the 10 of Voom. Why the rush for a few HD when cable will probably get them also. Everyone says Adelphia is bad but after 1 week I am very happy that I made the switch from sat to cable. I would like to hear id anyone can get 3 HDDVR from sat with no commitment and only a monthly fee for each DVR,

Again move to Erie, PA where Adelphia only gives you 3 HD channels and no OTA HD locals...because there aren't any. Those of you in cable areas that have that much of a choice. More power to you. I would have done the same, but DISH is my only option. D*...I will not give Rubert M. one penny after they way he helped destroy C-BAND.

Dish Committment

bookwalk said:
Yes, the $250 is an upgrade fee. You stil pay $5/month for a DVR fee AND $5/month for VOOm 10 AND $10/month for the 5 regular Dish HD channels AND an extended warranty fee for the 942 if you don't do a year's committment.

What irks me is--$100 for a new dish--when that and the 942 will not be necessary when the Mpeg-4 new receiver comes out and new HD channels are all on a different satellite!

So, their claim of "No committment, no equipment fees" are blatantly false. $100 and $250 is certainly a committment and is certainly an equipment fee!"
The only way to get out of paying the monthly lease fee for the 942 is to take the America's Everything Plan(I hope I said that right) (the 180 plus all the premiums). Of course the 942 still belongs to Dish either way. You can get out of the one year committment plan by paying like $12 per month extra to cover (equipment protection). Could someone tell me how Dish's HD picture quality compares to Voom's and to Comcasts? Thanks....I need to make a decision before my 942 ships on Monday.
Thanks again!
Wayne

Hey thanks Wayne, thats great info man....Is there still a 250 start up for it.

$250.00 upgrade fee for the 942

Hi Truggy0,

Yep without that $250, the 942 won't make it to your house. It will always be the property of Dish unless you agree to pay the full price later. You can only get out of the $5/month charge by taking their America's Everything plan which the sales person also told me also gives you free locals. I bet that will also stop them for charging you for a new dish since the locals come from 61.5 (I think).
Wayne

Wayne88 said:
Hi Truggy0,

Yep without that $250, the 942 won't make it to your house. It will always be the property of Dish unless you agree to pay the full price later. You can only get out of the $5/month charge by taking their America's Everything plan which the sales person also told me also gives you free locals. I bet that will also stop them for charging you for a new dish since the locals come from 61.5 (I think).
Wayne

It looks like to me you can get America's Everything with and without locals.

Dish Packages

Tonight after midnight, I'm gonna call Dish and tell them I want a 942, America's Everything with locals, HD pak, and the Voom HD channels. My locals are for Indianapolis.

I should get a Dish 500, Dish 300, a DP34 multiswitch and one 942 receiver.

As you said, I'm hoping this waves the $5 DVR fee. We'll see what all shakes out.

softwiz said:
Yeah those DVRs are quite complex. Ya better give yours up...
What do you mean? It's not that it's complicated - it just didn't give me the 'holy sh*t how did I live without this!' feeling that all of these people keep alluding to.

That's all I'm saying. Sorry to offend all you DVR addicts - ;)

Shawn95GT said:
What do you mean? It's not that it's complicated - it just didn't give me the 'holy sh*t how did I live without this!' feeling that all of these people keep alluding to.

That's all I'm saying. Sorry to offend all you DVR addicts - ;)

Good for you dude... Too each his own... If you understand what that means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts