Whats the Servo motor for..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 22, 2004
I'm looking into buy a new lnbf that allows me to get cband and ku reception (Corotor® II Plus) and I was just wondering what the servo motor is for??

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 22, 2004
also whites the difference between Ku and Ku Wideband lnb... Would the wideband give me a greater signal.

lilyarbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2005
Hopefully this will help

The Servo Motor allows the feedhorn to change the polarities of the incoming signal that goes to the LNB for either Ku band or C-band on a C-band dish (6-foot to 12-foot dishes). Ku band dishes (18-inch to 5 foot) do not require a servo motor to change polarities. There was a report of newer feedhorns that do not require the use of a servo motor. I forgot what these feedhorns were but I'm sure someone reading this will be sure to chime in. In reference to your other question, I think you're referring to what's known around here as Universal or Standard Ku band LNBs. Standard Ku band LNBs use frequencies in the Ku band range (utilizes a small portion of the band) that are standard for North American satellites. Universal uses the whole ku band frequency Spectrum so that you can receive Ku band signals from non-North American satellites as well as North American satellites.

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
The Corotor® II Plus is not a lnbf, it is a feedhorn that comes with a servo motor, you will need to buy a C-band and Ku-band lnb to place onto the feed, the servo allows you to change polarity, and make skew adjustments.

Do not get the wideband, unless you want channels off of NSS-806 and a few others, I have scanned NSS-806 and get a few feeds with my Linear setup, also the wideband will have a bit more signal loss than the regular Corotor.

Many dealers sell package deals with the feed and both lnb's.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 22, 2004
so would I need to tell the servo motor when to switch or is it automatic?

tdti1 said:
The Corotor® II Plus is not a lnbf, it is a feedhorn that comes with a servo motor, you will need to buy a C-band and Ku-band lnb to place onto the feed, the servo allows you to change polarity, and make skew adjustments.

Do not get the wideband, unless you want channels off of NSS-806 and a few others, I have scanned NSS-806 and get a few feeds with my Linear setup, also the wideband will have a bit more signal loss than the regular Corotor.

Many dealers sell package deals with the feed and both lnb's.

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
The 4dtv or any anolog IRD will control the polarity, and when a dvb is slaved you willflip the polarity from H-V when needed, if you do not have a 4dtv and do not subscribe to any programming then a Pansat and a V-box will be all you need the Pansats have the ability to control a servo, you can also just use the analog box to move the dish and have the Pansat as the master, though if you have 4dtv I would have the 4dtv as master.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 22, 2004
The v-box is just to move the actuator correct?? So i should just be able to use my analog receiver to move the dish and use my pansat to view the channels?

tdti1 said:
The 4dtv or any anolog IRD will control the polarity, and when a dvb is slaved you willflip the polarity from H-V when needed, if you do not have a 4dtv and do not subscribe to any programming then a Pansat and a V-box will be all you need the Pansats have the ability to control a servo, you can also just use the analog box to move the dish and have the Pansat as the master, though if you have 4dtv I would have the 4dtv as master.

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
Yes I would rather use a 4dtv or analog only IRD to position the reflector, and this way you will also have the ability to view C-band wild feeds and Ku-band wildfeeds, well analog ones, and DVB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)