What's the status on the Hopper guide update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope they don't do what they did in 2012 and release a SW that doesn't have anything implemented, or they have to rewrite code altogether. If they make it useable on release, then I will be a happy camper.

Soon...

No hurry as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy with the current interface and just hope they don't release the new one until it's thoroughly debugged. :)

I'm excited for the new look as we don't plan on staying with Directv . Not complaining on their pq but the Hopper with sling hands down trumps the Genie.

PLEASE let it be delayed indefinitely!

C'mon, you afraid of change?!? ;)

...as long as it's a solid, reliable interface with user-centric features. Personally, excited because none of us know for sure what the final release will be like (unless on the inside with Dish). Glad the early automobile creators didn't say "it's working just fine, let's keep the design as it is!"

C'mon, you afraid of change?!? ;)

...as long as it's a solid, reliable interface with user-centric features. Personally, excited because none of us know for sure what the final release will be like (unless on the inside with Dish). Glad the early automobile creators didn't say "it's working just fine, let's keep the design as it is!"
That is exactly what I wish they did since about 2004ish when that new mustang came out, and challenger and all the other screwed up designs.

That is exactly what I wish they did since about 2004ish when that new mustang came out, and challenger and all the other screwed up designs.
Was more around 2007-08, and I think the Challenger was the truest to the original, and like it a lot. Seriously considered buying one.

Was more around 2007-08, and I think the Challenger was the truest to the original, and like it a lot. Seriously considered buying one.

Totally off topic know(!!) Agree on the Challenger, go get one. Charger took me a while to get used to, but own two. I just live in the memories of the original... View attachment 107074

Attachments

• Charger After Wash and Wax 1 copy.jpg
    Charger After Wash and Wax 1 copy.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 433
That may be correct... I was in Iraq during pretty much that entire period, and when inwasntnin Iraq I was in Germany. Lol. I can't stand any of them, I think they look fake. However, if I were to buy one, I will agree that the challenger looks the truest to the original and is the best looking out of them all. Personally, I just want a metal car again. 15 mph and $.85/gallon.

Reactions: Tron2012 and Bruuce
Totally off topic know(!!) Agree on the Challenger, go get one. Charger took me a while to get used to, but own two. I just live in the memories of the original... View attachment 107074
Very Nice!

Either on Netflix or Amazon Prime, there is a show called Alcatraz that was on Fox about 4 years ago. The final episode featured a shot by shot, edit by edit, same location chase scene from "Bullit" with a current Mustang and Charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tron2012
I much preferred the colors of the 922. The current Hopper colors are too washed out. The guide is harder to distinguish and harder on the eyes than the 922 darker colors for the guide. Interesting that Dish will be returning to the darker colors for the new UI and guide. Hey, I even preferred the guide and menu colors of the old 721 to the Hoppers of today. But I admit, I don't like the "flat design" so many are copying from the mobile displays for non-mobile displays like the forthcoming update for Hoppers from Dish.

I much preferred the colors of the 922. The current Hopper colors are too washed out. The guide is harder to distinguish and harder on the eyes than the 922 darker colors for the guide. Interesting that Dish will be returning to the darker colors for the new UI and guide. Hey, I even preferred the guide and menu colors of the old 721 to the Hoppers of today. But I admit, I don't like the "flat design" so many are copying from the mobile displays for non-mobile displays like the forthcoming update for Hoppers from Dish.
I am curious, what do you mean by flat display.

For me, that is how it should be. On both devices actually. It's easier on the eyes for me. Granted I likely have perception issues, as I have difficulties driving at night a lot of times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)