What's tops in satellite projects on your "When Spring Arrives" list?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh yes, I will ensure that I take pictures. As well as mark everything for reassembly.

The lat/long coordinates are not going to be very different from my location. The set up should be almost nearly identical. I am talking 6' 14.5" east/west difference and 8' 5.4" north/south difference. That is not much.

RADAR

Pictures of the lady or the BUD??? ;)

How do you think that lady will like being marked for reassembly?

I am not quite sure if the lady would like it but she sure would be reminiscent of Goldie Hawn on the show Laugh-In! :D

I better not mark her for anything, she's an ex Marine! LOL She might disassemble me! Either her or her husband would.
Nawh, she wouldn't disassemble me, she's very nice, capable of it, but too nice. :)

Can't wait to get out there to make a close inspection of the BUD. I wonder if it is worth the price to try to excavate the cable, or should I just buy new? I am thinking new cable would be best. I suppose that depends on how old it is and how deep it is buried. Everything depends upon the condition of the equipment, which I won't know until I examine it.

RADAR

My springtime project is to replace the 33" Digiwave KU dish with a new 36" WS9036 I just ordered. Ku band has been a bit weak lately with a few 8psk feeds and PBS on 125W. Always worked ok for regular FTA but thought it good to upgrade. The SG2100 should handle it ok. Guess a secondary project is to replace the Chapparal feed horn with the DMX-741 I have in storage just to see how it works. Eventually might replace my old analog receiver with a V or G box but will put up with what I have for now... maybe next spring...
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts