What's Up with DIRT These Days?

This is the way I look at...three of four years ago we didn't have them at all. So I'm grateful for what I can get...and nearly every time I need them, they are there.

That's why they're DIRT and not DSGRT! And I'm definitely happy they are checking in over here as well.

As far as a shared service goes that would obviously be nice if supported by the underlying software, but from what I've seen it appears there's just no one scheduled for mid-afternoon PST currently, though it would definitely help if someone was contacted and then had the next few days off.

The DIRT people that we see here also cover Dish's own forum, Facebook, and Twitter as well. People hopefully realize that Satguys is very likely # 4 on their list of priorities after those other sites.
Do not forget all the other websites as well, such as pissedconsumer.com, and any others you can google. The Response team usually keeps pretty busy, even on a slow day. If I were to guess from what has been mentioned in the past, an average tech agent handles about 24 customers in an 8 hour shift, where as DIRT can handle 3 or 4 times as many when web based...Some of them even have side jobs in the process as well, such as assistance to tech support for their colleagues.

If they need a project, they can help me by talking to their web team.

I have some low tech friends that had their credit card scammed and are working through changing their various auto pay accounts. They called me when their reception ceased. I make the 10 mile trip to help them log in and make an instant payment (with their new card number). All is well.

I'm about to head out the door when I figure I better check their account. Had to update their auto pay to the new card number.

It would have been nice if, when making an instant payment, a pop up asked if you wanted to update your account with the new card number (or saying they are going to update to the new number unless you say no).

Might save me another 10 mile trip some day.
Actually, I do not like your suggestion about automatically changing the AutoPay. What if you really do just want to make a one-time payment with a different card without changing the AutoPay? (Perhaps you are close to the limit on your AutoPay card that particular month, for example.) If you do not want to change the AutoPay, you should not have to do anything or select any option in order to keep it the way it is.

Currently, the process is the reverse of what you are describing. If you want to change the AutoPay, you select that option first. Then, if there is a balance due on the account, the system will require you to make a one-time payment in order to update the AutoPay. This system seems to work quite well if you know how to use it.

So when they aren't online, is there a protocol to follow to contact one? I currently have an odd problem of my account saying I'm not on three sats and the chat folks can't give me an HBO offer because I need a tech to point the dish to 61.5. But my locals are on 61.5 and I get them (and I've had no problems with HBO previews before).

Tell the reps that they need to update what their system is tracking for orbitals and that you do indeed have 61.5

That seems to be above what the chat folks can achieve.

I tried with different people on chat.

Maybe call that one in. Honestly, if you talk to any broadband supervisor they will know how to do it with out problem(I know how weird that sounds) and 99% of the chat people are from the Phillipines so that makes sense as well. It is seriously a check box on the system. But it doesn't update automatically. For a rep, it should take them 2 seconds after verifying the satellites you do have. Surprised they didn't want to take the sale on the promo...

So when they aren't online, is there a protocol to follow to contact one? I currently have an odd problem of my account saying I'm not on three sats and the chat folks can't give me an HBO offer because I need a tech to point the dish to 61.5. But my locals are on 61.5 and I get them (and I've had no problems with HBO previews before).

I would recommend sending a PM to someone who is scheduled to be here that day. I will post our most recent schedule, with the new DIRT members, in the Contacting Dirt thread. Often times we are here, but as Chad has said we are assisting with other issues and may have forgotten to check "Stay Logged In". If that doesn't get you a response with in a responsible time, then please send someone in the Social Media leadership (Randall W, Becki B or myself) a PM and we will make sure someone reaches out to you.

Reactions: Yespage
Should the schedule be modified so that the DIRT Username can be clicked so that the Sat Guy user can get to the DIRT rep's page to PM them? I realize that is a Sat Guy thing, more than a DIRT thing.

Regarding my issue, I'm going through Facebook and that seems to be going smoother than the chat.

Should the schedule be modified so that the DIRT Username can be clicked so that the Sat Guy user can get to the DIRT rep's page to PM them? I realize that is a Sat Guy thing, more than a DIRT thing.

Regarding my issue, I'm going through Facebook and that seems to be going smoother than the chat.

Leadership will make sure we have at least one or two people logged in at all times, when possible. It only gets a little challenging during major takedowns, like the recent Fox News one, because our Facebook and Twitter pages experience a ton of traffic and requires more attention to keep everything caught up.

Ah, I have been assisting the agent working with you on Facebook.

Last edited:
The Facebook people are the same DIRT members here, and on the main forum, so if that works cool... But same exact agents.
A tad more available, at least today via Facebook.

Leadership will make sure we have at least one or two people logged in at all times, when possible. It only gets a little challenging during major takedowns, like the recent Fox News one, because our Facebook and Twitter pages experience a ton of traffic and requires more attention to keep everything caught up.

Ah, I have been assisting the agent working with you on Facebook.
Cool. They were able to go that extra step of accepting that I do get 61.5 and all is well on that front. Really do appreciate the help Dish has made available.

Reactions: ZachS@DISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)