What's Up with DIRT These Days?

Hall nailed that one. It is all run through a department that the CS including DIRT rarely talk to. They are the dispatch department, and unless the techs notify them of what's going on, they don't know either. One dispatch office will handle atleast 13 states(we had one of the larger ones in our center) so with the thousands of truck rolls out at a time, unfortunately they cannot tend to each one in live time. It's a crappy situation, and one that really would be tough to fix. There is usually limited notes left on the account as well, so good luck getting an answer there as well.

DIRT can't do much about the installation other than schedule it, from what I've seen in the past. I suspect they can't even see *why* it was delayed. I can tell you this, just because you were scheduled from 8-noon didn't mean you were first on the list that day. Odds are the install that should have taken less than 4 hours didn't... The installers, I think, are the ones who give the updates and he/she was more concerned about finishing that job vs updating you. Yeah, it sucks.... Odds are, everyone here has had installers show up "late" too.
I remember when Time Warner Cable used to advertise that they would give you a $20 credit on your bill if their installers were late. So, every time a Dish technician would show up late, I would call Dish to complain and ask them to match Time Warner Cable's offer. After enough $20 credits on my Dish bill, I haven't had a Dish technician be late since then. Sometimes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I remember when Time Warner Cable used to advertise that they would give you a $20 credit on your bill if their installers were late. So, every time a Dish technician would show up late, I would call Dish to complain and ask them to match Time Warner Cable's offer. After enough $20 credits on my Dish bill, I haven't had a Dish technician be late since then. Sometimes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I can almost guarantee you that had nothing to do with it. Technicians really don't see the financial side of an account, nor do their managers. You are still thrown in a queue. Likely, they hired more techs in your shop, or more knowledge on quick fix and setups.

I can almost guarantee you that had nothing to do with it. Technicians really don't see the financial side of an account, nor do their managers. You are still thrown in a queue. Likely, they hired more techs in your shop, or more knowledge on quick fix and setups.
I believe you to be correct about that.

I have posted in the operations section about the loss of DIRT listings, I thought I was the only one. Scott said they can't find why I don't see them anymore.
You must have the sidebar showing, and they are supposed to be listed under "helpers online now." I never see them.
Sometimes you can click the top of that panel to show a fuller listing.

I dunno. It says "Classic View" on the main forum page.
But, I don't see a way to change that in the Preferences, only the number of posts, threads, etc, and newest or oldest first.
Didn't there used to be settings for color and layout?

I don't think you can change the layout of the forum pages or thread views. You can change the layout of the "front" page only, I believe.

Luckily I have been able to get a DiRT member whenever I needed one, but I agree that it I do not see them online much anymore.

The schedules definitely are not geared towards afternoon PST people. I appear to catch them online, send a message, and they go offshift and then my question is delayed until the next day. And they are responsive and great when online but that is definitely a little frustrating. But on the other hand I also understand if they aren't getting a ton of traffic from the site that it may slip down the totem pole of priorities.

Reactions: GaryPen
If they need a project, they can help me by talking to their web team.

I have some low tech friends that had their credit card scammed and are working through changing their various auto pay accounts. They called me when their reception ceased. I make the 10 mile trip to help them log in and make an instant payment (with their new card number). All is well.

I'm about to head out the door when I figure I better check their account. Had to update their auto pay to the new card number.

It would have been nice if, when making an instant payment, a pop up asked if you wanted to update your account with the new card number (or saying they are going to update to the new number unless you say no).

Might save me another 10 mile trip some day.

I appear to catch them online, send a message, and they go offshift and then my question is delayed until the next day.
I have always thought that they should have a "shared" PM setup so that others could take over in situations like that. It really can't be done with forum software private-message systems though.

But on the other hand I also understand if they aren't getting a ton of traffic from the site that it may slip down the totem pole of priorities.
The DIRT people that we see here also cover Dish's own forum, Facebook, and Twitter as well. People hopefully realize that Satguys is very likely # 4 on their list of priorities after those other sites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts