Whats up with referral program?

PotRoastMan

Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
MN
Does the Dish Network friend referral program actually work? I'm a relatively new customer (for maybe 6 months?) and have been involved with two referrals, one for me to join, and the second is for a friend of mine to join. Both times it was like pulling teeth to get Dish Network to give the credits! For the second one it has been over 2 months since the certificate showed as Activated or Reward status on the website, my friend got their credit months ago, but nothing shows on my bill. When I chat or email or call Dish, it is like they are clueless..

Do they give the runaround to everyone, so they don't have to pay out the reward? What do I do to get it taken care of? I've already tried calling, emailing, chatting, many times.. Talked to a supervisor today so maybe something will happen now.

Annoyed.

I just had a referral and it's showing on my account, but I haven't had a billing since, so don't know how they'll handle it. They did credit me with 5 free ppv movies (which I'll probably never use). I did it to help someone else so not really worried about the payment.

I've brought at least 4 people to Dish. Twice, using Club Dish referrals.

Never got a dime. I don't bother anymore.

It's a joke, I've had 3 referrals and getting the credits has been months and months in the working. 1st one I finally got the credit started after 7 months, the 2nd has been 4 months and still no credit, and the 3rd has been active for 3 billing cycles and still no credit. The PPV credit is a bigger joke, I have paperless billing and electronic payment and I've never gotten the PPV credits.
I've emailed ceo@dish and no response.

Here is an explanation of why this program is a joke. Club dish is funded & financed on the backs of sales people & their wallets. There is a serious lack of incentive for the sales person to push your club dish through when in most cases there is little to no monetary gain when club dish is involved. I am not saying it's right, just pointing out the facts.

I've given 4 referrals in the past... They have all come through without having to call in to correct a 'problem'... It does take a few billing cycles to show up on the bill, but you should be able to check current status (coupon code used/redeemed, not used, etc.) via online account.

Got screwed on this twice. Once when my brother hooked me up never got his credit, then when I referred a co-worker same thing happened. Both times told it would take a couple of billing cycles--then after credit never showed called and told it was too late and there was no record of the referral. Treated like we trying to scam them or something---terrible service.

Knew it was gonna be tough when the CS person said to talk to the installer and then the installer said talk to CS. Obviously neither did their job.

I've done at least 5 referrals over the years. No problem whatsoever. User error, IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)