What's with CH 9852-BOWL?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe it is to give everyone the Superbowl in HD even if their locals are not in hd. That sounds like the most logical reason to me.

But, as Jerry mentioned before....

If the superbowl is going to be on these channels, why wouldn't Dish advertise it. How are people that don't use this forum susposed to find out this information.

Bobby said:
That's because it isn't...... Only 9852 is HD. You need to see 72.7 or 129 to get 9852.

If the Dish Hopper was out, I could hop to another location where 72.7 or 129 is available, an that way I could watch the Super Bowl in HD.

jerryez said:
If the superbowl is going to be on these channels, why wouldn't Dish advertise it. How are people that don't use this forum susposed to find out this information.

Maybe they're not allowed to?

Is this channel for everyone? ty for help all im seeing is hd network hd slate or will they turn it on for game time:)

Last edited:
I will be at a Directv household watching the game so I won't know if the channel 'comes alive' for the game. :( Hopefully it will give those without HD locals the opportunity to watch in HD.

I bet it will only "come alive" for those markets that don't have HD locals. I already have HD locals, and I won't be watching. ;)

> The NFL is providing internet feeds this year so people outside NA can view it.

I thought those got shut down. So most of you are watching the Stupor Bowl* today? I will.

* Not copyrighted by the NFL, ha.

Maybe they'll show it in HD in one of those HD sports alternate channels... They are playing the same music that its on channel 9851...

Last edited:
I have no idea what they are doing, but I am having fun watching online, where you can control the camera angeles you are seeing, plus if you see an ad you like you can watch it again after it airs. :)

Yes, nothing on that channel here in Texas and it is 5:21pm central time. I get locals in hd so I guess it maybe only channels with no NBC in their area? Is DISH having disputes with NBC affiliates in some areas?

i bet this was a channel meant to be a replacement for a local NBC station on Dish that might had a possible carriage dispute but only to resolve it before today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)