Whats With EI in Guide

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Just curious, but why is the Giants/Braves game not on the lineup for tonight. I checked the schedule for both E* and D* and they both have the game on their schedules. I realize that the game is coming on TBS, but it's kind of weird that its posted on the Website and not on the Guide

You can blame that on Sharks who play a playoff game at 5:00 PM PT. This game will probably go into Giants TV coverage. Their first pitch is at 7:15 but will probably not be seen in my home area because the of the Sharks NHL playoff game. The TBS game will be black out in my area too, so that will not work either. FSBA will often usually one of FSN alt. channels, called FSBA+, when time conflicts occur, but FSBA decided not to use that channel this time. It's not EI on DISH because the game on TV will probably not start on time.

With my luck the Sharks game will go into double OT and we will see the Giants game start from the 7th on FSBA. This happen last year with a Giants game and an earlier A's game that went into extra innings. The Wed. game also may have this problem because the A's have a gane vs. the Yankees at 4:00 PM PT and later that night is the Giants game on the same channel.

Just curious, but why are you blacked out on TBS. I am not even in the braves zone for blackouts and i'm never blacked out on TBS. I thought they were national and everyone could see a braves game if broadcasted on that channel. If not, it's weird that I can.

styxfix said:
You can blame that on Sharks who play a playoff game at 5:00 PM PT. The TBS game will be black out in my area too, so that will not work either.

With my luck the Sharks game will go into double OT and we will see the Giants game start from the 7th on FSBA.

A. Are TBS games blacked out? I've never seen that.
B. I'd take an NHL playoff game over a relatively unimportant regular season, out-of-division baseball game, any day, even though baseball is my favorite sport.

GaryPen said:
A. Are TBS games blacked out? I've never seen that.
B. I'd take an NHL playoff game over a relatively unimportant regular season, out-of-division baseball game, any day, even though baseball is my favorite sport.

TBS baseball games are almost black out (cable & sat) when playing a local team in the bay area at home, but sometimes when it's a road game too. A few times they not been black out when not on a local TV station.

Your right the NHL Sharks playoff game should be shown over the Giants game, but if they just moved this Giants game to FSBA+ (one of the alt. FSN channels) viewers could have a choice of what they prefer to see. The game would have also stayed in EI package, for those people who don't want to listen to the Braves announcers.

Heck...I WISH TBS would black-out the Bravos...I can't stand them! LOL

BTW...GaryPen, nice avatar! Go Mets!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)