what's with FaceBook ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
How to link to Facebook?

hi-

A couple weeks ago I saw a way to link to Facebok from this site, but can no longer find it. Would you mind (re)posting a "how to?"

Mahalo!

We removed this feature a few weeks ago as it was causing our site to be blocked by many corporate, school and government filters due to the calls to the Facebook API as those companies block connections to Facebook.

I order to get unblocked we had to remove the calls to the Facebook API which in turned disabled this feature, but the upside was we were unable to get our site removed from many of the blocks.

I'm officially old. I just do not get the attraction to facebook. I see nothing there that I find remotely appealing. :)

Yep. And Twitter even less interesting. More time sinks. I see some function, but just not worth it for me. I already spend way too much time on SatGuys. If I added to my online time, my wife would kill me!

Still Blocked

We removed this feature a few weeks ago as it was causing our site to be blocked by many corporate, school and government filters due to the calls to the Facebook API as those companies block connections to Facebook.

I order to get unblocked we had to remove the calls to the Facebook API which in turned disabled this feature, but the upside was we were unable to get our site removed from many of the blocks.

Well, the University of Maine Schools & Libraries System is still blocking this site! I was able to get out local school to unblock this site, but the other school and our union office still has this site blocked. But for some reason DBSTalk is not blocked. Can you doing anything about this?

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)