Whats with solicitors calling cells all of the sudden...

Frank7004

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Indiana
All of the sudden, I have been getting solicitors calling my phone. It usually starts with "this is ___ and we have an offer for you, to continue press 1, to opt out press 2". I press two. Usually they will call from another number the next, usually around the same time.

tonight its 312-878-9579 Tomorrow it will be ....9580....etc. etc.

I thought cells were to be blocked?

The rules haven't changed.

That being said, you can add your wireless phone number to the Do Not Call database.

With number portability, I'm not sure that the advertisers can be held too tightly to the cell phone prohibition.

With so many going wireless or VOIP and having Caller ID by default, there is wholesale panic in the telemarketing industry.

Harshness is right, no change. If you don't have your cell on the do not call list, then you have probably just been lucky if you haven't received calls before this. Make sure to add it to the list. Remember there is a lag before it takes effect. I think the lag is 60 days.

Everyone is right and Solicitation is a no go. However, always remember if you have done business with them they have the right. The nice thing about Android devices is "SEND CALLS DIRECTLY TO VOICEMAIL" in contacts. I have a contact set up for Blocked numbers. Since I dont get too many calls not in my contacts I also block all calls not in my Contacts with Call Filter. It is unfortunate that I have to go to this extreme.

Nice feature. I don't think I've got that on my iPhone. Maybe it's coming?

I've got a few calls a year that are solicitations on the cell phone and I do have my number on the Do NOT Call list ....
Seeing it's only a few a year, I don't worry too much about it, if it became a regular thing, I would be looking into what can be done.

I have a Samsung Epic and I too have the option when answering a call, to answer it, send it to VM or leave a message, "Driving, get back with you later", or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts