Whats your hobby or hobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Ok so I was bored to tears yesterday and thought I really needed to get a hobby, I did end up fooling with one of my old hobbies 16mm movie collecting I decided to pull out my 16mm film collection and inspect my films...I had not looked or messed with them in over a year. I think that I might pursue this hobby again but quality films are hard to find these days. Of course I have the satellite hobby but when the weather stinks you cant really fool with it. Anyway the reason I say all that is it got me thinking what do other people do to kill time and keep yourself sane?

Geez... other than spend time here? :D

Fiddle with my guitars; play with computers. I hope my summer hobby will be finally getting my FTA system up and running.

Last summer my hobby was building a small pond in my front yard, complete with waterfall. Not much to do on it during the winter, but its a continuing project through the non ice and snow months. I've had aquariums for years, and have wanted to do this for a long time. Last summer my wife gave me a kit for Father's Day. The front yard is not normally where people put these, but we had a spot that was perfect for it, and you wouldn't believe how many people slow down when they drive by to look. I also have had comments from walkers who say they love to hear the water as go by. When I'm not actually working on it, I love to just sit there and watch the fish and listen to the water myself. Very relaxing. Even my teenage son and his friends like to sit around the pond. If you do this, it doesn't hurt to have a teenage boy who likes to lift heavy objects to help. :D

Most all of mine are on hold until we figure out where we are going to move to come the end of July. I think that someone did a hobbies post back in December you might want to do a search for it but I will list what I have as hobbies.

Saltwater aquarium ( thinking about putting up a simple micro system about 10 gallons )

Electronics of various types ( if anyone has a non op 15 or 17 inch lcd tv with an intact screen let me know, need one for a project )

Photography ( getting back into it slowly )

Figure models ( getting started )

Satellite TV. Mostley Cband, chasing the feeds and out of footprint area stuff. My garden and drinking beer. Pretty thirsty work this satellite thing:D

PROJECTS. i JUST BIULT A SKATEBOARD HALF PIPE FOR MY SON. mUCH PLYWOOD, AND 2x4 (SOORY 4 CAPS)anyway,next project is a deck for my house. Like working outdoors,since I spend 8 + hours a day inside working

Oh... and drinking beer, fishing,bowling

Aside from guitar, guns and target shooting, computer games, cband :D, every now and then I launch up a model rocket :D. Bowling, if I ever got a chance to go :(

Anything gadget related, but more specifically - amature robotics (mostly PC/IC/Servo/RC stuff right now), arcade machine repair/restore/collect, video game console repair/mod/collect, satellite TV (FTA KU/C-band) tinkering

This site, photography, electronics, doodling...

Amateur Radio, and hunting.

Computers, Cooking (especially BBQ) and Golf!!! If it ever gets warm in NYC this year, I might actually get to enjoy the last two!

Woodworking, House repair, and Satellite TV of course.

I gotta' keep the satellite system going so I can watch Norm on the New Yankee Workshop ya' know.

Drinking keg beer, computers, listening to rock & roll on the system I built, (that's why the "lownote" in my sig) working on my 2 Mustangs, gardening, home improvements. Then I'll travel if I'm not to busy.

I got too many hobbies to really do any of them on a consistent basis since they all are major time consumers... Painting, 3d animation in Lightwave, drawing, fta satellite tv, fooling around mixing songs in Magix Music Maker, Playing and recording songs on Midi Keyboard, doodling, taking digital photos, blogging, rebuilding old computers and electronic stuff, Playing online video games - latest addiction in that arena is Entropia Universe....

Just one hobby:

Attachments

• BMW2.jpeg
    BMW2.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts