Wheeling wv hd abc and fox???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
Does anyone know if directv plans to add the wtrf abc hd and fox hd for the wheeling wv market. I know comcast has both of these channels in hd on their systems. Quite frankly the sd of these channels on directv look like a blurfest and it's really annoying. We have the hd wtrf 7 cbs and wtov 9 nbc in hd and they look great. Thanks for any info.

There are not any. Wheeling consists of only two major staions. WTRF 7, which is CBS; and WTOV 9, which is NBC. WTRF uses its digital signal for two "sideband" channels, Fox and ABC. Neither is broadcast in HD. WTRF makes a landline HD signal of those channels available to cable, but not to DirecTV.

any reason why comcast gets these landline hd signals but directv does not. Is comcast paying a bunch of money to make them exclusive or something on their system. Also if directv or wtrf is unwilling to come to an agreement to get these landline hd signals why can't they give us the pittsburgh abc and fox hd? I am fortunate enough to be grandfathered in for the distant hd locals but many people that just signed up for directv can't get the abc and fox in hd. To be quite honest i think this is garbage because the signal for the abc and fox directv uses is complete trash. The hd signal of wtrf 7 and wtov 9 look great though. thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)