When are the HD channels going on air

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv has a email department, where rep sit around answering emails all day. Anytime they get a hd question they cut and paste the same info not a bad gig if you can get it. Its make Directv come across as cold and non-caring

Sci-fi Channel 244 will be in HD Friday (20th)

My brother in Detroit, who has Directv
did a search for a sci-fi program for Friday (20th) on channel 244 and it shows up with an HD banner. It lookss like the rollout is Thursday or Friday.

Not saying that it will or will not, BUT, DirecTV buy the EPG data from Tribune, and many times in the past the HD symbol has been in because in is being aired like that at the signal provider level, not at the DBS provider level and it accidental was not removed. BUT here's hoping you are correct this go.

See if this works: This is my EPG service for next Tuesday P/T and there are new channels listed and some in HD.

TV listings guide, TV shows, cable TV, satellite TV, TV schedules on Zap2it

Last edited:
Check your program guide on Wed (tomorrow) at 6:00a EST - get your HD DVR's ready. The first wave is coming

I believe you started this junior. Grow up

I'm very nicely grown up, thanks for asking.

Back to the topic, what's your best guess about when the HD channels will light up?

BTW, I'm still waiting for proof from you (other than Variety) about Rupert's "alleged" comment about D*.

Found any reliable source yet?:rolleyes:

my zap2it guide for wednesday morning (with my zip and directv central florida for provider) shows hd on cinemax and starz. this was at 8 am

HD Channels on New Satellite

My question may have been asked already so I apologize.

Are the HD channels currently on 119 and 110 going to be moved / mirrored on the new Satellite being launched. I have LOS issues on 119 and am hoping that I can see ESPN2 beginning tomorrow.

Any info appreciated.

It is assumed they will be moving to D10 (or D11) eventually. There's even been talk of being mirrored on 119 and 103. However, Directv has released no plans or timelines when. What they have admitted is that D10 and D11 are for HD and all will be going there to free up the current sats for other things like hopefully improving SD quality.

rupert doesn't own directv anymore, John Malone owns it now!!!

We know that. The discussion is (and has been for some time) about whether or not Rupert Murdoch ever made the statement calling D* a "turd bird."

I contend he never said it, Vurbano and the other D* haters believe he did.

So far, the only proof they've been able to come up with is an alleged quote from Variety--hardly the Bible of the legitimate, verifiable, media world.

I'm still waiting for definitive proof that a businessman as smart as Rupert Murdoch would ever publicly denigrate a product of which he owned a substantial portion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts