When are the HD channels going on air

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you go back and check my prior posts you will see that my position was something like "seeing is believing".

Why would you expect the software on your system to change with the release of the HD channels? They have nothing in common.
Man I just answered another's question. Now for you.. Mapping. Could you tell me a little about yourself such as software and satellite experience? Maybe I misunderstood you. You were not trying to be a smarta$$ just asking a simple question.

I switched from Dish Network to DirecTV about 6 months ago mainly because of MLB Extra Innings and because of DirecTV's 100 HD channels promise.

I am starting to think I made a major mistake. This whole thing is starting to get absolutely ridiculous. Obviously, DirecTV has some major problem with the satellite whether they care to admit it or not. Scott was right when he first reported these problems about a week ago. I am really starting to lose faith in DirecTV as a company. Everyday I read about an agreement for a new HD channel, but no channels. My patience is wearing out. Maybe it is time to go back to Dish Network. Dish promises less, but delivers more.
Lucky you are right. I have been a D* sub for 8 yrs and HD for 4 yrs. My patience is wearing out too. All I hear is D* telling the world about their HD and being the leader. But nothing new, just talk and talk only last's so long. I will continue to be a sub to D* just because of the money I have spent in my set-up for the whole house. It seems to me that D* has been working on a failed business model for a couple of years now with no signes of changing. They have failed their customers for to long now. I am not saying that D* did this deliberately, but is seems Dish is beating them all the time. I feel right now we may see a few new HD CH in a couple of months but thats it.

I merged several threads all talking about the same thing.

Well I guess that Directv will keep the promises of more hd going a little while longer- maybe till the END of the year. IT is starting to remind me of Bush's strategy in Iraq. Keep the war going till the next president takes over, and then you are home free.

I hope this doesn't effect how many hd channels that DISH will add now. THey seem to be adding more in anticipation of more hd on Directv. I would hate to think that they will stop because of delays by Directv, or problems with their satellite.

Well I guess this is an appropriate time to mention this. The installers that came to setup my new HR20 and dish told me something on the phone that quite frankly I dismissed as BS. He asked if I was getting this new system because of HD. I said yes. Then he told me something at the time that I considered so off the wall that it didnt deserve a reply. He said Directv is telling all their customers that, but they arent about to get extra HD for a while yet. When he showed up at my home, he repeated it. (Where would he be getting this from? ANd why lie?) But now it makes me wonder if there is any truth to it. :confused: I certainly hope not. we can only wait and see how it plays out.

Well I guess this is an appropriate time to mention this. The installers that came to setup my new HR20 and dish told me something on the phone that quite frankly I dismissed as BS. He asked if I was getting this new system because of HD. I said yes. Then he told me something at the time that I considered so off the wall that it didnt deserve a reply. He said Directv is telling all their customers that, but they arent about to get extra HD for a while yet. When he showed up at my home, he repeated it. (Where would he be getting this from? ANd why lie?) But now it makes me wonder if there is any truth to it. :confused: I certainly hope not. we can only wait and see how it plays out.

thats funny you say that because when i moved, the installer told me the same thing. my experience with installers of any sort is they're the lowest man on the totem pole and don't usually have the most accurate information. he told me it wouldn't be until november before any new channels is "realistic." i don't believe him though....

Well I hope it is soon. I am looking like a crack head these past days. "Scratch, scratch" You got that HD man! I need some more HD man!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)