When are the new HD channels launching?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reviewing some recent FCC documents, looking at what DirecTV's test plan is you're probably going to have to wait until April/May for D12 to start broadcasting new channels. :(

That may be but if they know if it is up and running although not in the correct Oribital location they may choose to gamble. Heck dump the PPV channels if things go awry.

...Heck dump the PPV channels if things go awry.
LOL. Not only would that never happen, but if the sat winds up working as planned, I guarantee by the time June rolls around we have more new HD PPV channels than new HD premiums/nationals.

LOL. Not only would that never happen, but if the sat winds up working as planned, I guarantee by the time June rolls around we have more new HD PPV channels than new HD premiums/nationals.

I will be holding you to that prediction!

I guarantee no one here has a clue how many HD PPV channels, HD premium channels, HD shopping channels, HD national channels, or HD local channels will be added.

I wonder if anyone here has a clue how much time & money it takes to have a new satellite built, launched, tested, and made operational ?

Seems like some think the new satellite gets shot up into space with one of those rocket thingys and we should be getting new HD channels the same day.

We live in a world where a Soyuz or Space Shuttle can go the ISS, do their thing and be back in about two weeks. You can't blame them for not knowing the difference between the altitude of the ISS orbit (173-286 miles) and the Clarke Belt (~22,300 miles).

But who has more HD channels that everyone wants. :eek:

FIOS.

FIOS has all the premiums available in HD, in HD... while DirecTV has just the flagship east and west of both HBO and Cinemax. While Dish is slightly better, FIOS carries more channels I want.

Unfortunately, after a year with FIOS, I am stuck with DirecTV for a while in my latest home until spring 2010. It leaves a lot to be desired, that is for sure.

Rad's got you there "NotMe" :)

If I didn't Like Premiums in HD , All American Direct, VIP's and a Lower bill.
I'd be with D* in a second.:D

Hemi, I went with Directv for a lower bill. :D It just all depends on what you subscribe to and what type of equipment you have.

Rad's got you there "NotMe" :)

If I didn't Like Premiums in HD , All American Direct, VIP's and a Lower bill.
I'd be with D* in a second.:D

I would consider Dish IF they had YES, and better hd picture quality, although I understand it is close to Directv's quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)