When are the new HD channels launching?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No questions all good stuff!

My HR-22s are still slow as molasses..

Im still waiting for Direc to have a lightening fast interface..Ho Hum..

Most of whats listed is all under the hood stuff.

I think what most of us want, which is not soley direc tv, are new HD channels.

Its been a bone dry season....:(

Yea, the HD DVR's are still slow and if all I did was access the guide all day, vs. watching programming, I'd probably switch. But since most of my time is viewing TV to me it's not that big an issue.

And yes, most of this was hardware additions/improvements, but Hemi didn't limit his question to programming. Yes, we all want more HD channels and once D12 goes up we'll have them. It's like when D10 went up and DirecTV added all the HD channels and the Dish subs were all upset that they didn't have things like Sci-Fi or FX while new seasons of BSG or NipTuck came out and they had to watch them in SD.

They did add a few HD national channels, Discovery C&I and BET come to mind.
How could you forget Comedy Central HD? Crime and Investigation was added in October of 2008.
They added TV Apps to the HR2X, R22, H21 and H23 STB's.
Useful feature or gimmick?
The improved the performance of the HR2X/R22 series with the 0368 national software release.
This would seem to be a questionable assertion.
They added ability for remotes to be able to control up to 7 STB's when in IR mode.
Useful feature or gimmick?
They shipped DirecTV 12 to the launch complex for a scheduled launch by the end of the month.
Shipping something doesn't equate to it being successfully delivered. DIRECTV has an awful lot riding on D12 and with even a partial failure, there will need to be significant adjustments to expectations.

In the grand scheme, DIRECTV has maintained a fairly tight ship in a very tight economy. I don't think anyone could argue that they aren't resting on their laurels a bit.

How could you forget Comedy Central HD? Crime and Investigation was added in October of 2008.Useful feature or gimmick?This would seem to be a questionable assertion.Useful feature or gimmick?Shipping something doesn't equate to it being successfully delivered. DIRECTV has an awful lot riding on D12 and with even a partial failure, there will need to be significant adjustments to expectations.

In the grand scheme, DIRECTV has maintained a fairly tight ship in a very tight economy. I don't think anyone could argue that they aren't resting on their laurels a bit.

Your usual upbeat attitude, eh Harsh?

The R22, when it was first released, was basically a HR21 with the software set up so it wouldn't output any HD. The box was created to provide a SD DVR for the locals that were on 99 and 103 as you guessed.

With the last national release that went out DirecTV removed the block on the HD output and these are basically now HD DVR's. As to why did they do this, guess they just wanted to be nice to the customers. As to your why pay more for a HD DVR, DirecTV's stopped making the R22's so I guess they figured it wouldn't be a problem, no real idea why they did all this except to be nice.
So there is no more R22's ? That sucks, Because the R15 and R16 aren't their best receivers. I feel bad for SD DVR customers.:(
Well I side from the Features that really show no intrest to me ,
Local on the 8's is good now
DVRs are still Slow.
So the HD launch hopefully will bring a Huge atvantage over Fios and Dish network.
Because their Equipment still Sub Par on speed.

OK, back to topic the last page deserves to go to the War Zone, we get that some of you do not like DirecTv, (just like some do not like Dish) this is the DirecTv forum so take it to the War Zone for any more debate about who is better OK.

When did they start putting advertising in the first thread of the page ?
:confused:
I know you get less advertising once your log in, but I think the advertising right in the first thread of each page is a new recently added annoyance.

I know you get less advertising once your log in, but I think the advertising right in the first thread of each page is a new recently added annoyance.

I don't see it. Are you a pub member?

I don't see it. Are you a pub member?

None here ....
Yorktown, are you logged in ?

I'm not a pub member and you have to be logged in to post here, yes I'm logged in.

I see an ad right in the first reply of a page of replies. Says - Sponsored Links, then has a COMCAST ad, or whatever ad.

I'm not a pub member and you have to be logged in to post here, yes I'm logged in.

I see an ad right in the first reply of a page of replies. Says - Sponsored Links, then has a COMCAST ad, or whatever ad.

IF your a pub member you don't see that .... so it's hard for some of us to see the difference.

Having ads in the first post of the page doesn't bother me.
The costs of running this forum have to be paid somehow.

Now to answer the OPs original question.
New HD will be added when they are added!
Which has probably been stated somewhere in this thread. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)