When are the new HD channels launching?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would consider Dish IF they had YES, and better hd picture quality, although I understand it is close to Directv's quality.
I wish Dish had YES also.
I agree that is a big downfall.
MLB Network would also be a nice option.
I can't wait to see what D* adds for HD this time around.

directv trying to jump ahead

directv is wanting to get back in the lead again after dish network passed them up in june for the most national hd channels.this will take a lot to do this,but it just pains directv to no end that they are in 2nd place in the hd race.i have always said that directv is a lot hype.

directv is wanting to get back in the lead again after dish network passed them up in june for the most national hd channels.this will take a lot to do this,but it just pains directv to no end that they are in 2nd place in the hd race.i have always said that directv is a lot hype.

I don't think DIRECTV is in very much pain. They still have a lot more customers than DISHNETWORK does. Once the new satellite is up and running they'll blow the DISHNETWORK HD lineup out of the water.

Except that there's a good chance that it won't come up in HD until after those games. Unless they push some bandwidth around specifically to release it in time for the Olympics, which would be a smart move IMHO.

Some guess (hope) that they drop a couple HD PPV channels (since they won't need them to cover NFL-Sunday Ticket games) and add MSNBC and Universal Sports HD just for the Olympics and then take them back down until D12 hopefully goes active.

I wish Dish had YES also.
I agree that is a big downfall.
MLB Network would also be a nice option.
I can't wait to see what D* adds for HD this time around.

I am also waiting to see. I have a friend who is mid level management for Cox. I can get a really sweet deal if I switch to their cable service. I had them years ago and they sucked, but have improved a lot recently. Their hd lineup is pretty good. The one thing I don't like is their dvrs have a bad reputation. That could be a deal killer.

What worst then D-tv I didn't know that was possible.:eek::D
I've never used anthing slower then D* DVRs.
But the HR's can record more then Fios and cable DVRs.
I guess it just depends on what is worse, Slow to respond? Or 20 Hours of HD recording?
For me ,I'll deal with slow, As long as the price is right and the HD line up is good.

Cable in my area has a great selection of HD right now, But still less then D* and way less then E*, But Cables poor DVRs and Price thats maybe even a hair more then D*, I would never leave a satellite company for cable. At least not in the near future.
I've had more bad luck with D* H-'s then HR's. HR's were always slow to respond, R-'s exactly the same.

But if they add the right HD content for me , and the price doesn't increase.
I might have to overlook the HR Flaws.
But if E* does a few more HD launches, and doesn't increase their price, I'll most likly stay put.

Just in case you guy forgot the lyrics or want the ring tone. :D

What Have You Done For Me Lately Lyrics

What have you done for me lately?
Ooh ooh ooh yeah
What have you done for me lately?
Ooh ooh ooh yeah
Good Question. What has D* done in the past year?
And experimental CE Beta releases don't count as New products.
If it isn't released door to door to ALL Customers then its not a Feature.

Good Question. What has D* done in the past year?
And experimental CE Beta releases don't count as New products.
If it isn't released door to door to ALL Customers then its not a Feature.

They did add a few HD national channels, Discovery C&I and BET come to mind.

They added TV Apps to the HR2X, R22, H21 and H23 STB's.

The added Local on the 8's and local emergency weather warning alerts for The Weather Channel HD.

They added Turbo Tune.

They added STB call back via internet and from all SWiM connected boxes for folks without phone lines.

The improved the performance of the HR2X/R22 series with the 0368 national software release.

The added Media Share to the H21/H23 boxes.

Enabled HD outputs on the R22 which had been a SD DVR making it a HD DVR.

They added ability for remotes to be able to control up to 7 STB's when in IR mode.

They made SWiM installs more of a standard for any HD install vs. the prior limitations they had on them.

They shipped DirecTV 12 to the launch complex for a scheduled launch by the end of the month.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, hard to remember what's in national release vs. in testing.

Just one Question. What is the Benifit of this feature?
I mean D* isn't dumb why would they do this. Why would anyone every pay $169-199 for a HR, when they can get an R22 for $99.
The only reason I see for this , Is because D* has SD Locals on the 103 and 99 and the only way to View them is on HD quipment. Is that safe to assume?

They did add a few HD national channels, Discovery C&I and BET come to mind.

They added TV Apps to the HR2X, R22, H21 and H23 STB's.

The added Local on the 8's and local emergency weather warning alerts for The Weather Channel HD.

They added Turbo Tune.

They added STB call back via internet and from all SWiM connected boxes for folks without phone lines.

The improved the performance of the HR2X/R22 series with the 0368 national software release.

The added Media Share to the H21/H23 boxes.

They added ability for remotes to be able to control up to 7 STB's when in IR mode.

They made SWiM installs more of a standard for any HD install vs. the prior limitations they had on them.

They shipped DirecTV 12 to the launch complex for a scheduled launch by the end of the month.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, hard to remember what's in national release vs. in testing.

No questions all good stuff!

My HR-22s are still slow as molasses..

Im still waiting for Direc to have a lightening fast interface..Ho Hum..

Most of whats listed is all under the hood stuff.

I think what most of us want, which is not soley direc tv, are new HD channels.

Its been a bone dry season....:(

gees this thread is still going on??? where's a silver bullet when you need one?! :eek::D sweet release!!!!!

Whats Media Share?
And Improved performance. Thats Funny. Still working on that are they.:D

Media Share, viewing pictures and videos or listening to MP3's from a PC on the network.

Yep, still working on improving performance.

Just one Question. What is the Benifit of this feature?
I mean D* isn't dumb why would they do this. Why would anyone every pay $169-199 for a HR, when they can get an R22 for $99.
The only reason I see for this , Is because D* has SD Locals on the 103 and 99 and the only way to View them is on HD quipment. Is that safe to assume?

The R22, when it was first released, was basically a HR21 with the software set up so it wouldn't output any HD. The box was created to provide a SD DVR for the locals that were on 99 and 103 as you guessed.

With the last national release that went out DirecTV removed the block on the HD output and these are basically now HD DVR's. As to why did they do this, guess they just wanted to be nice to the customers. As to your why pay more for a HD DVR, DirecTV's stopped making the R22's so I guess they figured it wouldn't be a problem, no real idea why they did all this except to be nice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.