When are you going to update the list ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If that is how they (iceberg, et.al.) want to spend their time, that is fine with me. It just seems they apparently have other things to do as well... things they actually get paid for and maybe even enjoy more :eek:. Feeding them information means collating, checking, compiling... And we end up with Lyngsat in the end anyway because the last I checked most of us are "general users" as well. I appreciate all iceberg and others do, they have helped me immeasurably. But good grief, give the guys a break :coffee. Oh, and one stop shopper? No way!

I also would like to see more accuracy in the List. I think that I am not completely understanding the process which generates the List. It seems that a better process could be beneficial. As I read this thread, I see that 4 of us have volunteered to assist in the scanning [migold, Raysat67, chaskuchar & rrob311]. Please let me know if there is something I can do to assist.
Thanks!

I also would like to see more accuracy in the List. I think that I am not completely understanding the process which generates the List. It seems that a better process could be beneficial. As I read this thread, I see that 4 of us have volunteered to assist in the scanning [migold, Raysat67, chaskuchar & rrob311]. Please let me know if there is something I can do to assist.
Thanks!
I do not understand what you mean by 'more accuracy'. If you mean, kept up to date, I agree. However, if you mean the numbers to agree with 'what you see', then - not going to happen. More people can help to first, and they need more information. And MAYBE a list of who update which bird!
As far as frequencies, it is often stated that only PLL equipment will (might) be more accurate on holding frequencies, but not stated is Doppler shift of signals traveling 22,000 +/- miles through all kinds of temps., humidity, solar and normal winds, etc. Those tolerances can not be corrected. qwerty has done a wonderful job, and/but we have no control over what hundreds of channel owners and dozens of uplink centers do. We are only observers and reporters.

BUT I NEED what youn guys observe and report! Thank YOU!

I should be more clear in my statements. I was only referring to the 'accuracy' of the listing as regards being up to date, not the accuracy of the frequencies or symbol rates. It seems like there have been a lot of changes lately, and it would help us all to be able to rely on the listings for the latest word. I am certainly not trying to insult anyone's work. I am only trying to see what I and others can do to help with the listing. I would certainly not want to take on the responsibility for 'The List' for myself as it is not a small piece of work. I am willing to assist in gathering information.
Thanks!

i should have used the list looking for nbc on 72w. had sathint up so used it. nbc 12053H6890. could not get nbc. so today worked on the dish and replaced the bolt holding the tilt part to the part that goes over the 3" post. used a half inch bolt and i don't get any play in that part of the polar mount anymore. so scanned in 72w. nbc scanned in as v instead of h. hmmmm should have used the list... charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G-Box

7 or 8 foot dish in south al ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)