When D* switched out your H20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
When D* upgraded those H10's for H20s and the new dish did they lengthen the commitment.

In other words when the HR20 comes out will they add two years to my commitment to get the upgrade?

Kentstater72 said:
When D* upgraded those H10's for H20s and the new dish did they lengthen the commitment.

In other words when the HR20 comes out will they add two years to my commitment to get the upgrade?

Yes.

Kentstater72 said:

The new commitment will replace any commitment you have, not add to it. So, basically you will have a 2 year commitment from the date you order the new equipment.

BigTVG said:
The new commitment will replace any commitment you have, not add to it. So, basically you will have a 2 year commitment from the date you order the new equipment.
Say you have a receiver that you purchased in January, you got a two year commitment then you purchased another receiver in July....

The January receiver still has it's original 2 year commitment and the other starts a new commitment in July. so the commitment is tied the individual receiver.

Hope that cleared some confusion up.

Jimbo

If you were to buy at a retailer or sponsor such as V.E. (retailor may not be selling them come to think about it, I think they are going towards the writing up the contract and sending it to D*)

Is there any way to guarantee that D* will not see it as a lease unit ???

Jimbo

Thanks for the info.

I bought my 10-250 from Robert last August, and although I have no problems with D*, I want to keep my options open come August 07. By then there should be a clear leader in HD and things like D* merging with E*, Fios, and maybe our local rag of a newspaper splitting off the local cable company will give me some other choices.

I still miss voOM.

D* Commitment

I was told by Retention that the two year commitment for replacing the H20 box is not extended if you pay for the "service plan" (or whatever they call it).

In my case, I was changed to leasing with the replacement of an H20 I had since Feb 19th this year. Now, it will be replaced for 90 days under warranty, but subject to a shipping charge. The commitment runs from July 12, when I got the replacement, for two years. With the service plan, the commitment does not change, the two years run from the same date, and they pay shipping.

Would I be surprised to learn this is totally incorrect? Not in the least, but that is the last thing they said.

personally in this market I would rather cough over the extra dough and buy your equipment from ebay or valueelectronics. You could easily turn them over on ebay because people are always looking to buy instead of lease.

They'll hit you with a 2-year commitment to activate any new HD IRD, whether it's bought or leased.

jpn said:
They'll hit you with a 2-year commitment to activate any new HD IRD, whether it's bought or leased.

how can they do this? There reason for commitment is so your get the equipment cheaper...same theory as cell phones. Boy do I wish the NFL wasn't only on D* sometimes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)