When did Dish start charging old timers for locals?

Maybe Dish is preparing to go a la carte on locals, letting the greedy bastards charge whatever the market will bear. Then they (channel owners) can see for themselves how much, or how little, their channel is worth.

It was Feb 1, 2011 that locals became mandatory in each package. That was a bad day to be a CSR. Also, anytime I had to call in on my own account... was a crapshoot. Some of us took pride in our business, some of us showed up for a paycheck and did not care to figure anything out. I will say one thing, if Charlie wants a better/stronger customer service... he will show them more appreciation. There were many things that made us feel like Dirt, yet we were the ones interacting. That was probably his biggest screw up, but the bean counters did not see it that way. With all the merger talks, and growing of 3rd party businesses I believe nothing will change much.

Claude, I have only ever seen locAls the $5 prior to 2/1/11, and then $10 currently, however international customers had a fee of $6.99 since they did not have a base package that included them. I don’t know what the international packs look like today.

The problem is Dish sets the bar, you do your job right and work around the new rules.

Dish lowers the bar again, and then you need to figure out how to adapt.

The problem is no matter how good you are, it’s never good enough for Dish.

You try to take pride in your work, but Dish makes you feel like your doing something wrong.

It gets to the point you give up, say screw it and do what you need to do so you can get paid.

How many times can you say you do a sale, and the customer is arguing with you at every point in the sale when you need to disclose things. And then certain customers wonder why they are always getting lied to when ordering stuff

The problem is Dish sets the bar, you do your job right and work around the new rules.

Dish lowers the bar again, and then you need to figure out how to adapt.

The problem is no matter how good you are, it’s never good enough for Dish.

You try to take pride in your work, but Dish makes you feel like your doing something wrong.

It gets to the point you give up, say screw it and do what you need to do so you can get paid.

How many times can you say you do a sale, and the customer is arguing with you at every point in the sale when you need to disclose things. And then certain customers wonder why they are always getting lied to when ordering stuff

Claude, if your conversations with DISH didn't make any more sense than this post did, it's no wonder you had disputes with them. "Dish lowers the bar again"? Did you mean they raised the bar? Lowering the bar would make it easier to adapt.

That last sentence? What does DISH have to do with an argumentative customer? And, why are you lying to them?

Oh, I see what time you posted this. Now, I understand. :)

Reactions: pattykay and Bobby
Claude, if your conversations with DISH didn't make any more sense than this post did, it's no wonder you had disputes with them. "Dish lowers the bar again"? Did you mean they raised the bar? Lowering the bar would make it easier to adapt.

That last sentence? What does DISH have to do with an argumentative customer? And, why are you lying to them?

Oh, I see what time you posted this. Now, I understand. :)

I don’t lie to customers.

However it was late and when I said lowering the bar I was thinking of a limbo pole. Lol lol

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)