When did MTV Live move to top 200?

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Channel 369...they actually have some really good concerts. I DVR'd Twenty One Pilots, Fall Out Boy and Muse.

Huh. I am confused, I thought I tried this channel before and it was in the 250. Anyway, thrilled to have it! Just DVR'd an Aerosmith concert.

According to the Dish site (which may or may not be incorrect), it is in America's Top 120 and up.

I am still mad that they took it out of the Dish Movie Pack along with Centric and Logo. If you scroll down at the address https://www.dish.com/music/ , you will see it was in the Dish Movie Pack.

Reactions: pattykay
I didn't realize this was the old Palladia channel, I mixed it up with MTVU channel 366 that is in the top 250.

I thought MTVU was only in Flex.

Anyway, Palladia/MTV Live is a nice channel to have, I just wish they'd be uncensored. Censorship is idiotic.

Reactions: pattykay
MTV Live is not the same channel as MTV; it was Palladia previously and shows concerts and much more music stuff than MTV which is basically crap now.
Right, and as Palladia it was still a Viacom channel programmed by MTV with the same content as Palladia today. It did make sense to change the name to MTV Live, and the name was the ONLY thing changed.

One thing I've noticed is that as Palladia and even as MTV Live, it got the rights to a lot of the content that was on the Old Voom "Rave" channel I believe it was called. Rave was one of the few Voom channels that had good content. Only gripe is that MTV Live cuts out portions of Jools Holland to make room for commercials, as in FULL performances cut out--in fact, even portions of the live concert programs have performances cut to fit an even on-the-hour or on-the-half-hour clock format to make room for commercials (never done on Voom), and MTV Live plays a LOT of previously aired material that aired on OTHER Viacom and NON-Viacom channels--er, old repeats, just like other Viacom channels do--but fitting in theme and content of the channel. But it is, overall, better content than MTV.

Would you beliveve When I went recently changed from top 200 to Flex the only channel my 50 year old wife complained about loosing was MTV because she watched Teen Mom.
Oh well,. Like I say, "whatever blows up your skirt is fine with me"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts