When Directv looks better than Dish...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think Upnorth's post was worth another look. And by the way Guffy, what good did your response do? You must like hearing yourself type.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I do have a 61" DLP Samsung that has been ISF Cal and with some of the best cable to use and guess what my DIRECTV HD LOOKS AS GOOD AS OTA! May be a hard concept to grasp for some people who post on this site that others on here know just as much as they do!

robbiee19 said:
BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I do have a 61" DLP Samsung that has been ISF Cal and with some of the best cable to use and guess what my DIRECTV HD LOOKS AS GOOD AS OTA! May be a hard concept to grasp for some people who post on this site that others on here know just as much as they do!

My chuck steak taste just as good as the neighbors tenderloin :D

FlyingJ said:
I think Upnorth's post was worth another look. And by the way Guffy, what good did your response do? You must like hearing yourself type.

Thanks for the invite FlyingJ, but no thanks :D

But hey, enjoy the rest of your weekend, OK?

Not a great analogy.

What if it was a bad quality tenderloin and/or was over cooked compared to a perfectly prepared chuck.

What if the tenderloin was boringly alone with no expected or wanted sides to complete the entire plate versus the price paid?

What if the tenderloin was served with terrible customer service by the wait staff or every now and again the plate was dropped and the tenderloin didn't arrive on time or at all? (i.e. hardware crash/buggy boxes)

Anyway, can't you guys just agree to disagree and move on with your lives?

charper1 said:
Not a great analogy.

What if it was a bad quality tenderloin and/or was over cooked compared to a perfectly prepared chuck.

What if the tenderloin was served with terrible customer service by the wait staff or every now and again the plate was dropped and the tenderloin didn't arrive on time or at all? (i.e. hardware crash/buggy boxes)

Anyway, can't you guys just agree to disagree and move on with your lives?

Q- What if it was a bad quality tenderloin and/or was over cooked compared to a perfectly prepared chuck?

A- The tenderloin would still be way better.

Q- What if the tenderloin was boringly alone with no expected or wanted sides to complete the entire plate versus the price paid?

Q- What if the tenderloin was served with terrible customer service by the wait staff or every now and again the plate was dropped and the tenderloin didn't arrive on time or at all?

A- Seriously reconsider ones choice of dining establishments.

Thus pointing out exactly why its a bad analogy. R = rebuttal.

Q- What if it was a bad quality tenderloin and/or was over cooked compared to a perfectly prepared chuck?

R- So one would still claim the tenderloin as better even though ruined only because of the name of the cut, not because of the real taste? A great cut of meat is easily ruined. Anyone that knows cuts of beef knows this.

Q- What if the tenderloin was boringly alone with no expected or wanted sides to complete the entire plate versus the price paid?

R- See above again; one would overpay, and ignore all the other combined elements that make the entire package/experience just to say but I got the "name brand/cut here"?

Q- What if the tenderloin was served with terrible customer service by the wait staff or every now and again the plate was dropped and the tenderloin didn't arrive on time or at all?

R- Exactly, and we have. Many, many users have had more than enough of those experiences with Dish and cable to switch to DirecTV, and vice- versa. So all this childish back and forth is silly.

So lets all walk away and end the madness!

charper1 said:
Thus pointing out exactly why its a bad analogy. R = rebuttal.

R- So one would still claim the tenderloin as better even though ruined only because of the name of the cut, not because of the real taste? A great cut of meat is easily ruined. Anyone that knows cuts of beef knows this.

R- See above again; one would overpay, and ignore all the other combined elements that make the entire package/experience just to say but I got the "name brand/cut here"?

R- Exactly, and we have. Many, many users have had more than enough of those experiences with Dish and cable to switch to DirecTV, and vice- versa. So all this childish back and forth is silly.

So lets all walk away and end the madness!

The tenderloin is mine and its cooked on my grill, by me (Sorry I didnt clarify this in my original post) ..It will not be ruined, trust me..

The chuck steak is my neighbors (as stated in my original post, no restaraunt was mentioned or implied), and hes cooking it on his grill..

There is no existing variable (short of a miracle) that is going to make the neighbors chuck steak better than my tenderloin..

Now grow up with all the childish jibberish :)

lets keep it on topic, people :)

and upnorth, Welcome :wave to SatelliteGuys. Got a cabin in Aitkin (right on Mille Lacs) :)

Charper, great analogy! Guff, your opinions are starting to hold less weight. I like the way you exclaimed the new HD DVR champion over Blu-Ray and then of course later on you mentioned the fact that you have never seen the Blu-Ray firsthand, but the guys over in the AVS forums said so. Enjoy your 5 HD providers.

guffy1 said:
Nice copy and paste post Upnorth..You posted the exact same thing just 2 days ago in another thread..

Well, at least you got a single response this time :)

guffy1
I just want to make sure my opinion is heard just like you have in many of your posts.
You can post your opinion all you want guff after all that's what this forum is all about and debate is good.
But I do object to all your rude, snide remarks and name calling

FlyingJ said:
Charper, great analogy! Guff, your opinions are starting to hold less weight. I like the way you exclaimed the new HD DVR champion over Blu-Ray and then of course later on you mentioned the fact that you have never seen the Blu-Ray firsthand, but the guys over in the AVS forums said so. Enjoy your 5 HD providers.

I only only have 3 broadcast HD providers (very soon to be 2), and yes I will enjoy them :)

Have a nice trolly day :D

upnorth said:
guffy1
I just want to make sure my opinion is heard just like you have in many of your posts.
You can post your opinion all you want guff after all that's what this forum is all about and debate is good.
But I do object to all your rude, snide remarks and name calling

Your objection is noted..But you should really whine to someone that cares, because I dont take well to snivelling from a *supposed* grown man :)

Also, where did I call you a name?..Please enlighten me...Ill be waiting...Yawn.............

guffy1 said:
I only only have 3 broadcast HD providers (very soon to be 2), and yes I will enjoy them :)

Have a nice trolly day :D

5 to just 3 and now 2, in only a matter of a week, good! I hope that you axed D* so we do't have to hear your pathetic input anymore.

guffy1 said:
Your objection is noted..But you should really whine to someone that cares, because I dont take well to snivelling from a *supposed* grown man :)

then why do you post if it doesnt pertain to you?

Iceberg said:
then why do you post if it doesnt pertain to you?

If my name is in the post it pertains to me...

Hey, instead of always chastising the antagonizee, you should consider discussing things with the antagonizers...

They are as as much to blame for the nonsense around here as I am.. They get exactly what they are looking for out of me..And you pat them on the back for it...

FlyingJ said:
5 to just 3 and now 2, in only a matter of a week, good! I hope that you axed D* so we do't have to hear your pathetic input anymore.

I have D*, E*, and Charter...Just as I clearly stated on these very boards...Nothing has changed in the last week...

Obviously you just want to argue at this point... Tx, but no tx..

Happy trolling :)

guffy1 said:
I have D*, E*, and Charter
Happy trolling :)

I am on a budget as I am sure many are and I have to select one service and boy it is a tough decision as there are pro's and con's to all sides.

That's why these forums are great as I do not have the luxury of comparing services side by side. So it helps to hear from others on there experiences.
Thanks All:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.