When do we get the travel channel HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Enragedalbinoyak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
I'm tired of seeing andrew zimmern in SD. It's not right. We're supposed to be the HD leaders and there's a major national channel out there that we don't get.

When does this change?

Hey, how long ago did we put a man on the moon but only recently figured out is would be a good idea to wheels on luggage.

Travel Channel is owned by Cox cable, so they may be playing hardball and not letting D* have access to it, or may be asking for an outrageous fee for it.

I'm tired of seeing andrew zimmern in SD. It's not right. We're supposed to be the HD leaders and there's a major national channel out there that we don't get.

When does this change?

Considering that less than 6 months ago D* had 9 channels. I think most here can wait for 1 more channel.

Directv is maxed out as far as hd capacity, so it could be a while before this channel and others like espn news hd, disney hd, qvc hd appear. Fios should have these on or close to their launch dates.

When does this change?

I'm not sure it's a major channel but with the new sat going up they will be searching for HD channels to put on it. I would guess at that time the Travel Channel will be one more that they can pick up to add to the count.

FiOS is pretty much maxed out, too. The fiber can handle it but the distribution equipment needs to be upgraded. The few analogs they do have will be going away soon on a market by market basis.

Until the upgrades are done then the analog is cut off, FiOS is on hold for new HD.

FiOS is pretty much maxed out, too. The fiber can handle it but the distribution equipment needs to be upgraded. The few analogs they do have will be going away soon on a market by market basis.

Until the upgrades are done then the analog is cut off, FiOS is on hold for new HD.

That is not correct.

Directv is maxed out as far as hd capacity, so it could be a while before this channel and others like espn news hd, disney hd, qvc hd appear. Fios should have these on or close to their launch dates.

You are totally incorrect in regards to ESPNNEWS and the Disney offerings, as well as ABC Family. Those are all planned to be launching on DirecTV before the end of March - all before D11 is lit. There in fact are still about 10 open HD slots on D10 for full-time channels.

You are totally incorrect in regards to ESPNNEWS and the Disney offerings, as well as ABC Family. Those are all planned to be launching on DirecTV before the end of March - all before D11 is lit. There in fact are still about 10 open HD slots on D10 for full-time channels.

Link please?

That is not correct.

Questioner-
Actually, that is 100% correct about FIOS. They have no more room left, and are removing analogs on a phase schedule across the country so that they can add more HD.

Check out the threads on DSL Reports. Believe me, I used to be a FIOS TV customer.

Questioner-
Actually, that is 100% correct about FIOS. They have no more room left, and are removing analogs on a phase schedule across the country so that they can add more HD.

Check out the threads on DSL Reports. Believe me, I used to be a FIOS TV customer.

Ignore TVBob - everyone else does.

ScoBuck is a staff member and has been pretty accurate on his news. The Sat guys have pretty good sources with DTV. FIOS was mentioned about 12 days saying they have ran out of HD boxes.

Verizon: We Have No More HDTV Boxes

What does running out of receivers have to do with hd capacity. There have been times when the wait for hr20s have been long too.

But unlike directv, you don't have to use the receivers the company offers, you can use third party products like the hd tivos.

If you guys want to debate the merits of FiOS - we have dedicated forums for that; if you want to debate the merits of FiOS vs. DirecTV - please take it to the War Zone.

Thank you.

If you guys want to debate the merits of FiOS - we have dedicated forums for that; if you want to debate the merits of FiOS vs. DirecTV - please take it to the War Zone.

Thank you.

Thank You.

That was really starting to piss me off. Honestly, who has FiOS and trolls DTV forums? I'm not sitting on the E* forum talking sh**.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)