When do we get the travel channel HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When the hell do we get the travel channel HD

Probably someone who has directv too.

And would that be you?

Please elaborate as to your own particular subscriptions--D* or E*, or both, or a combination of FIOS plus either D* or E*, or both, or all three.

Last edited:
And would that be you?

Please elaborate as to your own particular subscriptions--D* or E*, or both, or a combination of FIOS plus either D* or E*, or both, or all three.

This is not the place to discuss it, but I currently have comcast, fios, and directv installed in my place of residence. Mainly because my job involves writing and analyzing the various services. I used to have dish as well but it became too confusing and chaotic.

This is not the place to discuss it, but I currently have comcast, fios, and directv installed in my place of residence. Mainly because my job involves writing and analyzing the various services. I used to have dish as well but it became too confusing and chaotic.

???????????

You must write novels, as all you say is fiction.

Directv is maxed out as far as hd capacity, so it could be a while before this channel and others like espn news hd, disney hd, qvc hd appear. Fios should have these on or close to their launch dates.

:no:no:no

More TVBob mis-information put to rest today with DirecTV's launch of ESPN NEWS-HD, Disney-HD, and ToonDisney-HD.

None of which are on FiOS yet either.

:no:no:no

More TVBob mis-information put to rest today with DirecTV's launch of ESPN NEWS-HD, Disney-HD, and ToonDisney-HD.

None of which are on FiOS yet either.

But Sco, they are maxed out!!! Damn it, they are maxed out!!! You see, they are maxed out!! If I say it enough mabe it will come true. Maxed out.....maxed out....I love FIOS....D* is evil....Scobuck is a very bad man....Maxed out I tell you...no Celtic road games in HD....my chart is coming....MAxed out...chart is being updated....I have a FIOS tatoo so they must be the best....maxed....maxed.....I am not TV Bob....
Okay, I am done.:p
Seriously Q, I am just having fun, you seem like an intelligent guy, just wondering what your motives are. Nobody could have "sources" that are as bad as yours are, its impossible to be wrong on that many issues over and over again unless you just have some kind of vendetta.

I too am waiting from the Travel Channel in HD. It may be a long wait. However if you go to the Travel Channel's website and do a search for travel channel in hd. There is a form that you can fill out to check for the availability
of the Travel Channel HD. It will tell you that the travel channel in not currently available in HD on D*. Then it will give you another form to fill out. It is a request to D* to add the channel. I don't know how much good it will do, but it sure can't hurt. Give it a try, maybe if enough people request it, it might help get it or at least get it sooner.

Directv is maxed out as far as hd capacity, so it could be a while before this channel and others like espn news hd, disney hd, qvc hd appear. Fios should have these on or close to their launch dates.

has your nose started growing yet, q?

I too am waiting from the Travel Channel in HD. It may be a long wait. However if you go to the Travel Channel's website and do a search for travel channel in hd. There is a form that you can fill out to check for the availability
of the Travel Channel HD. It will tell you that the travel channel in not currently available in HD on D*. Then it will give you another form to fill out. It is a request to D* to add the channel. I don't know how much good it will do, but it sure can't hurt. Give it a try, maybe if enough people request it, it might help get it or at least get it sooner.

If this channel is owned by Cox cable, then it is an apparent attempt to have an edge in the contract negotiation over DirecTV by asking DirecTV subs to request it.

As much as I want this one, I will not do that. I think it is reasonable to believe the reason DirecTV has yet carried it is because the price Cox is asking is too high.

Instead we should tell them to be reasonable in contract talk, be glad their HD channel can have the luxury to be carried on DirecTV--the HD leader:)

.........:rolleyes:

Yep. maxed out

Maxed out...Oh wait,back to the topic. We will get the Travel Channel when we get it, seriously, how can someone with D* be irked about additional HD now?

.........:rolleyes:

Yep. maxed out

Obviously he is not talking anymore so I would not continue to knock him.

What I found hard to believe though is he said he is also a TV service analyst/writer and he has all the services for that reason?

I wonder if he also has a TV show to talk about his experience from time to time? If so what is his studio address in Baghdad? I'd like to send him a post card, or better yet send a post card to our troops there describing a man talking like Baghdad Bob, I am sure they all remember him back then, and will be more than happy to take this second Bob down for us:)

More importantly, D* couldnt be too bandwidth starved as im looking at some great quality.. I would wrather have them keep this quality and I think we will see a couple of channels prior to D*11 going active. They were at one time testing out Outdoor Channel and PBSHD / CW for lots of people

Obviously he is not talking anymore so I would not continue to knock him.

What I found hard to believe though is he said he is also a TV service analyst/writer and he has all the services for that reason?

I wonder if he also has a TV show to talk about his experience from time to time? If so what is his studio address in Baghdad? I'd like to send him a post card, or better yet send a post card to our troops there describing a man talking like Baghdad Bob, I am sure they all remember him back then, and will be more than happy to take this second Bob down for us:)

You don't say. :rolleyes:

"Questioner; This is not the place to discuss it, but I currently have comcast, fios, and directv installed in my place of residence. Mainly because my job involves writing and analyzing the various services. I used to have dish as well but it became too confusing and chaotic."

You must realy suck at your job.

If this channel is owned by Cox cable, then it is an apparent attempt to have an edge in the contract negotiation over DirecTV by asking DirecTV subs to request it.

According to Wikipedia, Discovery Communications sold Travel Channel to Cox in May of 2007 but it's Discovery that still distributes it under Discovery Networks.

So I would guess that it's Cox that negotiates for carriage of the channel rather than Discovery but I'm unclear about it. Any thoughts?

According to Wikipedia, Discovery Communications sold Travel Channel to Cox in May of 2007 but it's Discovery that still distributes it under Discovery Networks.

So I would guess that it's Cox that negotiates for carriage of the channel rather than Discovery but I'm unclear about it. Any thoughts?

That I don't know, but if Discovery sold it last year that probably explains why this one is not carried. Isn't all other Discovery HD channels carried on DirecTV?

I've also noticed that More-Max and HBO2 and HBOS are showing the "Available in HD" screen before them. Guess we'll have to wait for D-11 to light up for those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)