Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Looking for something specific to watch

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Wife/Family obligations

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tinker with FTA the most on weekends when the kids in bed for their afternoon nap :)

The weather also plays a big part of what type of FTA tinkering I'm doing. If it is warm, I'll be outside fine tuning the dishes. If it cold, then I'll simply do some blind scanning, or listen to Access America if the FTA show is on.

The past Saturday afternoon I spent the entire afternoon fine tuning the C-Band dish so that I can properly track the entire arc from 34.5 West thru 139 West.

This upcoming Saturday's afternoon task is going to be to replace the battery in my Motorola 922 receiver.. Then, weather permitting, I'll tackle fine tuning the motorized Ku dish.

During the dead of winter when I cannot get out of the house (or don't really wish to) I spend a lot of my time researching and reading and posting and searching for channels and new sats or transponders. Anything that I can accomplish indoors.

In the spring and fall, when the weather is nice to me, I play with new dishes and LNBFs and my dish alignment (peaking and tweaking).

In the mid to late summer, I try to go fishing and am usually busy mowing or working outdoors on other projects, so summertime is not my best time for FTA tinkering and I don't usually even watch the TV (not as much as I would in winter).

So, late spring and early fall for the outdoor stuff and winter for the research portion and watching the telly. ;)

One thing is for certain, I don't go fishing in the rain and I don't set up a dish in the rain! I am not a duck! LOL :D

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)