When is 110 and 119 Going to Be Mirrored on 61.5?

Race

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I'm having line-of-sight problems on 110 and 119. A couple of Dish techs told me that everything would be mirrored on 61.5 and another satellite near it, around September.

Does anyone know any more details?

Thanks.

They are probably referring to the Eastern Arc. Search under that for info. 110 and 119 are not going to be mirrored on 61.5.

Okay, I searched and read about Eastern Arc. Unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like I'll be able to get the programming I currently get (DVR Advantage) on 61.5 and 72 (or 77?)

Is this not correct?

Isn't the catch in this the customer needs MPEG-4 receiver(s) for the Eastern Arc??

If that is indeed the case, it does bring up an interesting scenario: In cases where the customer is losing LOS from the 110 and 119, will Dish upgrade the customer to MPEG-4 receivers and the Eastern Arc to keep from losing them??

Isn't the catch in this the customer needs MPEG-4 receiver(s) for the Eastern Arc??

If that is indeed the case, it does bring up an interesting scenario: In cases where the customer is losing LOS from the 110 and 119, will Dish upgrade the customer to MPEG-4 receivers and the Eastern Arc to keep from losing them??

I have the 722 and 622, which I think are MPEG-4, right?

This will save me from having to switch to cable.

I have the 722 and 622, which I think are MPEG-4, right?

Yes, the ViP622 & ViP722 are MPEG-4, as are all the ViP series.

I get 110/119/129, with all MPEG4 recievers. Will I be getting 72.7 and 129 here in the midwest?

If you are getting those sats, you don't NEED 72.7. Eastern Arc is for new customers only, at first. Later, they will allow current customers to move over, presumably because the customer thinks he'll get better PQ. I'll wait for reports to come out before I'll consider any change. I haven't even checked to see what my LOS might be to EA. I'm happy so far with 110/119/61.5. Since I already have 2 dishes, a single dish solution is of limited appeal to me.

I don't imagine there are many folks with 110/119 LOS problems, that will otherwise have good LOS to EA. I don't see Dish moving people over to EA for free. I think the whole idea is to share the costs. Probably get offered good deals, though.

Yes, the ViP622 & ViP722 are MPEG-4, as are all the ViP series.

If you are getting those sats, you don't NEED 72.7. Eastern Arc is for new customers only, at first. Later, they will allow current customers to move over, presumably because the customer thinks he'll get better PQ.

That is why I would consider the Eastern Arc for better PQ. Wouldn't that be the fact since everyting is to be mpeg4? Will the mirroring also include the locals?

MPEG-4 does not mean better PQ. It might mean better PQ. Still depends upon how much they compress. I suspect the locals will be made available, but not all at once. They'll likely offer more of them as they have good sats available.

As for PQ, I'll wait until we have actual reports over the first few months.

I suspect they will keep adding more channels to the MPEG4 Eastern Arc transponders until the quality equals the MPEG2 Western Arc so everyone will not demand to be switched over.

Almost all of the 110/119 channels were uplinked today to 72.7 West... You must have a "VIP" receiver to view those channels when they are made available (612,622,722,211,212)
I claim you can also view them with a Dish 411, which is a 211 w/o an Ethernet port and hence cannot be called a VIP receiver.

For extra credit, define "VIP". ;)

Just curious as I am a former Dish sub and have 119/ 110/ 61.5 but I never wanted to commit to HD because just about any storm would wipe out my reception while the single position D* signal hardly ever goes out.

So ALL HD programming is now available on 72.7 West? I'm in Tampa Bay and last I checked we didn't have HD locals, but they might be up by now FAIK.

I only ask because I'm fine with D* SD for now but if I later change my mind and just gotta have HD I'd only be willing to do it from a single position. Not sure I want to gamble on the D* 5 position dish. Love their programming better though.

I believe very few 411s were put into service. And I think someone here posted that they were being phased out of service altogether. Anyone know anything about that?

Something else to remember before getting too excited...if I've been following Scott's posts correctly, Eastern Arc will only be available to NEW subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts