dish network connections for hd

cjmaxx

Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this. I can't find it on the net or the Dish site.

I don't live in the US but have a semi-legal system. I use a VIP622. I subscribe to the Platinum HD package.

I had three dishes (big) up and was receiving about half of the HD offerings from Dish. Some only were available after dark.

61.5 was very weak so a technician suggested I move that dish over to 110 and the next smaller dish to 119. I thought this is where the majority of my HD program was coming from.

Signal strength is strong on both.

One dish was retired and the switching was changed. I went from four switches to two.

Now I only get a handful of HD channels from 110 and all the new HD channels that I understand come off 110 that were started last week are lost. Otherwise everything is fine.

I don't understand why this happened. Did dropping 61.5 even though it was hardly ever available cause this change or do I need the more complicated switching I had with the three dishes in operation?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this. I can't find it on the net or the Dish site.

I don't live in the US but have a semi-legal system. I use a VIP622. I subscribe to the Platinum HD package.

I had three dishes (big) up and was receiving about half of the HD offerings from Dish. Some only were available after dark.

61.5 was very weak so a technician suggested I move that dish over to 110 and the next smaller dish to 119. I thought this is where the majority of my HD program was coming from.

Signal strength is strong on both.

One dish was retired and the switching was changed. I went from four switches to two.

Now I only get a handful of HD channels from 110 and all the new HD channels that I understand come off 110 that were started last week are lost. Otherwise everything is fine.

I don't understand why this happened. Did dropping 61.5 even though it was hardly ever available cause this change or do I need the more complicated switching I had with the three dishes in operation?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

define "semi-legal" please?

I believe he is saying he is paying for service, but is physically located in an area that wishes to restrict him from viewing US programming. There is no US law against this.

To view which channels come off which sats, see the Dish Network Channel Chart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)