When is Directv getting G4?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You may get better reply's here.;)

G4 has no good shows any more that is worth keeping the channel. Now if you want to watch re-runs and old shows of cops then G4 is the channel for you. Back when it was TechTv it was a good channel. I enjoyed watching that channel. Leo and Patrick Norton had some good information on that show. Since it became G4 that channel has gone down the toilet. I guess that is why Directv tool that channel off it network.

TechTV was good
G4 is just a rerun channel and you can see those shows on different channels

Every once in a while, they have a feature on a new game coming out that I'd like to catch. Would like to have it back and not have to get the sports package for ESPN Classic either!

Tech TV was awesome. G4, not so much. The only thing I ever watched after the change over was occasional E3 coverage and other live tech events (although much like Screen Savers turning into Attack of the Show, the tech coverage was watered down, over produced and unnecessarily glitzy.)

I have a feeling it will be reborn as a new channel in the coming years focusing on a different niche.

When I signed up with DirecTV back in 1998, they got rid of Travel Channel. Then it came back either at the end of 1998 or early 1999. With G4, I guess the case was that DirecTV figured there wasn't enough interest in the channel and it cost too much to retain carriage. It's been gone for a year. Seems more like two years.

G4 is a fringe channel. Just like all the HD channels they don't have. You don't want it or need it. Please be happy with what you have. :)

Im still wondering if wwe will but G4 and they are keeping quiet about it since they plan to start the new channel middle of next year and this channel is up already and all they need to do is negotiate with direct and few cable systems :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)