When is Sky Angel IPTV box going to be shipped?

Last I saw posted shipping was being delayed due to sky angel not finishing the "beta testing" . Best thing to do is call them in the am.

Last edited:
It has been a week now and no word. I got a flyer in the mail telling me it's already here so where is it?

We will be notified via email; I'm looking forward to the service as well:). I guess we'll just have to be patient:hungry:; I'm sure we'll find that it will be worth the wait!

Jeff

I really can't believe that you people are going with Sky Angel's IPTV service. First, there is the way Sky Angel is treating their lifetime subscribers. Second, look at what they did with their IPTV service in Canada. They cut it off with very little notice to the customers. A lot of people bought a box that they can no longer use. Given Sky Angel's very shakey financial condition how do you know that they won't do the same thing in the U. S. in the future?

All of you that have Sky Angel satellite service would be much better off going with a GloryStar FTA system. In the long run it will be much cheaper than an IPTV box, monthly service and getting a hi-speed internet service.

Well, Bill, I don't see any risk. I will not be paying for a box, and I will pay month-by-month -- so if they go out of business, what will I lose? If service stops, I stop paying. And I already have high-speed Internet that is much faster than required. I talked to my Internet provider and was assured this will not put a strain on service capacity. I'm truly sorry that some satellite customers will not have this option, but I do, and I plan to take it.

What I will gain is quick access to many, many teaching programs that have been a part of my days for a long time now, as well as concerts, etc., which I can watch anytime within 48 hours of broadcast. Additionally, I'll broadcast SA audio (I like the radio stations best anyway) throughout my house using the FM transmitter I already own -- which would go to waste if I quit receiving the programming altogether. Beyond that, there are many new channels -- many of which will be among my favorites. In short, I am seizing the opportunity to have many ways I can learn, praise God, relax, and otherwise enhance my daily walk with the Lord every day.

Actually you could lose BIG time, several ways

1) sky angel IPTV could shut down yet continue to blll you like Canada, they do auto debit now, no monthly bill

2)if you get poor reception due to internet you must still PAY for sky angel IPTV, for the next 18 months! even if you can't watch it

3)your internet provider cold raise prices or go out of business (same problem as above)

4) what is warranty on box? If box breaks after warranty but before 18 months YOU may be responsible for purchasing new box

5) dish may have nice offer you will miss out on by jumping on the sky angel band wagon

6) no big concern to some but those who are switching hurt the lifetime members. Sky angel initially said there would be an "offer" but they made none :(

7) move unexpecteldy, no DSl, oops too bad you will STILL owe sky angel

That could be with any company though. I still want to take the risk. I may come on here later on this year and say catkoko you were right!

5) dish may have nice offer you will miss out on by jumping on the sky angel band wagon

Good points! except this one is a pretty big "might." In the past they have treated me and others as existing subscribers, and we all know how well they have treated previous/ current subscribers with respect to "deals" in the past. :rolleyes:

So the only deal I'm expecting is likely to be an HD upgrade package, same as what current programming subscribers get already.

Now that said I don't see the harm in trying to put our plight on their radar. It wouldn't hurt us any to make inquiries to corporate or wherever to mention our situation and ask if they are inclined to make an offer since we already have their equipment installed, or in some cases just in need of a new antenna.

I really don't expect any special deal, but hey it doesn't hurt to ask. If enough people ask they might consider it!

1) sky angel IPTV could shut down yet continue to blll you like Canada, they do auto debit now, no monthly bill

If any company stops providing service you are paying for, call them and cancel your service and ask that the EFT (autopay) stop immediatly. Ask for a letter to be sent to your house stating you have cancelled your account and the EFTs will stop on X date. Some will, some won't send you such a letter. Others will just give a confirmation number to you.

If even one more charge is put on your account after the date they say it will no longer be charged to you, go to your bank and explain what happened. Once the bank hears a company without authorization is debiting your account they should (often for free, sometimes a charge) put the last debit back into your account and have you fill out a stop EFT form. You won't get charged again. This happened to us with someone charging us for something we didn't purchase. It was very easy to get the money back and that company barred from ever charging our account again.

Rumor has it that dish may offer more religious programming once sky angel is out of DBS business. Most of the rumors we have heard have proven to be accurate.

Satellite is not even an option for us. I had Direct TV come out about two years ago and they said the neighbor across the street has a tree that will block the signal during summer and not during the winter. I don't feel like burning there tree down since they like it, so I either have the option of cable (which I have) and IPTV (which I also have with ITVN). Now that ITVN is going out of business or so it seems (plus no christian channels). I'm back to cable and the only christian channels I get on there is EWTN and TBN. I love both but I need more for the whole family.

You also need to consider the company's history. A lot of broken promises mainly because they have been very poor business people. There is also the "trust factor". Look at the way that they are treating lifetime subscribers. Sky Angel is NOT a company that I would trust or recommend to ANY Christian.

On that note I have good things to say of Direct TV in the past but lately, like last month, some of their support has been worse than Dominion. Just a personal opinion. Hopefully it was just due to holiday scheduling with the more seasoned reps taking vacation or something.

What I will gain is quick access to many, many teaching programs that have been a part of my days for a long time now, as well as concerts, etc., which I can watch anytime within 48 hours of broadcast. Additionally, I'll broadcast SA audio (I like the radio stations best anyway) throughout my house using the FM transmitter I already own -- which would go to waste if I quit receiving the programming altogether. Beyond that, there are many new channels -- many of which will be among my favorites. In short, I am seizing the opportunity to have many ways I can learn, praise God, relax, and otherwise enhance my daily walk with the Lord every day.

I feel the same jholland; the 48 hour feature is a great thing and we also use the radio channels extensively. As far as Part 15 transmitters, I own two good units, the first one I built was from North Country Radio model MPX96, and the other is a Ramsey FM30 which is a very nice unit.

Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts