When is the last time DirecTV added a new channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That psychic hotline channel sounds like one of those that they are paid to carry, like the shopping channels. Presumably the business model is that they'll find enough suckers to make enough money to pay their "psychics", pay off Directv, and still have profit left over. Basically a 24x7 infomercial channel.

What 'psychic hotline channel' channel are you talking about?

You don't remember Miss Cleo?
Yes I do, but Cleo TV has nothing to do with Miss Cleo.

I get that the comment was a joke, but I think Slice took it for real.

As said above, Cleo TV is a channel that's geared toward younger black women. I've had the channel on Charter since it launched two years ago, and it's mostly a mix of sitcoms from the late 90s/early 2000s and their own original cooking shows.

Was Miss Cleo a stage name, and I doubt she even owned the company but was the spokesperson.
Half the stars in Hollywood have stage names. That is irrelevant. Her estate owns the rights to her likeness and identity.

Spike Lee once sued over the Spike TV Network (now called Paramount) for their using the name Spike, which he claimed was his. They paid him a ton of money to settle the lawsuit.

Who else is called Cleo besides Miss Cleo, who happens to be black and Generation X, which is the group they are targeting?

Actually, Lee was laughed out of court. While he technically "settled" he got only a token payment to go away, which was less than his legal fees.

Actually, Lee was laughed out of court. While he technically "settled" he got only a token payment to go away, which was less than his legal fees.
Where are you getting this information from?

Spike Lee has settled his suit against media giant Viacom over its desire to rename TNN ”Spike TV,” his attorney announced Monday, and the Manhattan Supreme Court judge overseeing the case lifted the injunction barring the name change. Details of the settlement were not announced.

Were you one of the attorneys involved in the case? What did you collect in legal fees? The judge previously issued an injunction against Viacom so it wasn’t laughed out of court, quite the contrary.

Reactions: AZ.
Where are you getting this information from?

Spike Lee has settled his suit against media giant Viacom over its desire to rename TNN ”Spike TV,” his attorney announced Monday, and the Manhattan Supreme Court judge overseeing the case lifted the injunction barring the name change. Details of the settlement were not announced.

Were you one of the attorneys involved in the case? What did you collect in legal fees? The judge previously issued an injunction against Viacom so it wasn’t laughed out of court, quite the contrary.
well you said-They paid him a ton of money to settle the lawsuit.

What is your source, everything I have read is he had to settle since he could not put up the 2.5 million bond ( he did put up $500,000), not one thing I have read gives a dollar amount of the settlement.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamCdbs
You are correct, no one knows the amount of the settlement.
Viacom claimed that the delaying court injunction had cost it over $30 million. Possibly they paid Lee just to end the debacle. The final amount was never disclosed, but Viacom did agree to hire Spike Lee and his wife for a future movie production.

So it took you guys 3 pages of threads to notice that I posted the new channels in like the 4th post in this thread. There is also AMC+, So Yummy, and Black News Channel. And since they moved the international channels, anyone can also get 2053, which has the same guide data as 2119 CGTN, but is CGTN Documentary if you actually tune to it.

Oh wow, how could I miss great new free channels like Yummy, Black News, and Cleo TV??

Except we already talked about those extensively! Dtv has also added more "free" shopping channels, if you want to count those.

Last edited:
Oh wow, how could I miss great new free channels like Yummy, Black News, and Cleo TV??

Except we already talked about those extensively! Dtv has also added more "free" shopping channels, if you want to count those.
Yes, you talked about them after someone else posted them like it was a new post. You talked about them after I posted about it. You asked if Directv added new channels that didn't require internet connection like Cheddar. I answered. It doesn't matter if you don't like the new channels, those channels are new on Directv and are satellite based. 341, 342, 557, and 563 are new satellite-delivered channels on Directv in the last little while. And if you never had access to the 95-satellite, 2053 is new as well. 2053, 341, and 342 appear to have to most package distribution. Not sure about 563. I have it with Xtra. 557 requires it's own subscription, but to some (like me) it is very worth it as there are shows on there that are high-quality and it's great to have them uncut and commercial free. It is more than just AMC content, it also has the stuff from Sundance and IFC that those channels SHOULD air, and supposedly exclusive series. Before that group, NHK World was added, too.

I would never count the shopping channels as a new channel, unless it is a "real" channel like a QVC or HSN or something like that.

For reference
322/2049 NHK World Japan
341 Cleo TV HD
342 Black News Channel HD
557 AMC+ HD
563 So Yummy
2053 CGTN Documentary
Cleo TV and BNC took the place of El Rey and Fusion which we lost a little bit ago. Those two channels were pretty decent as they didn't air the same crap the every other cable channel airs over and over.

And WTF is all this Miss Cleo talk? As others have said, Cleo TV has absolutely nothing to do with Miss Cleo. Other people/entities can have that name, too....

Last edited:
You keep on acting like AMC+ is a free addition to DirecTV. It isn't. It costs an extra $7 a month for much content that I am already being billed for.

As for Cleo TV, it wasn't me who brought up the Psychic Hot Line of Miss Cleo, it was someone else. I think many others associate this Gen X African American, Miss Cleo, with the target audience of Cleo TV. A lot of the content of Cleo TV is available for free to anyone on its website.

I want to see free channels like MeTV, GetTV, Grit, Heroes and Icons, Movies!, etc. DirecTV won't even give me the subchannels that my local tv channels carry. I am certainly paying for those in my monthly bill.

Most viewers don't consider channels from Japan and China as a bonus, DTV gets paid to carry them and very few people watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
You keep on acting like AMC+ is a free addition to DirecTV. It isn't. It costs an extra $7 a month for much content that I am already being billed for.

As for Cleo TV, it wasn't me who brought up the Psychic Hot Line of Miss Cleo, it was someone else. I think many others associate this Gen X African American, Miss Cleo, with the target audience of Cleo TV. By the way much of the content of Cleo TV is available for free to anyone on its website.

I want to see free channels like MeTV, GetTV, Grit, Heroes and Icons, Movies!, etc. DirecTV won't even give me the subchannels that my local tv channels carry. I am certainly paying for those in monthly bill.

Most viewers don't consider channels from Japan and China as a bonus, DTV gets paid to carry them and very few people watch.
If you want those channels switch to Dish. Whining about directv not having them isn’t going to change anything

As for Cleo TV, it wasn't me who brought up the Psychic Hot Line of Miss Cleo, it was someone else. I think many others associate this Gen X African American, Miss Cleo, with the target audience of Cleo TV. A lot of the content of Cleo TV is available for free to anyone on its website.

I want to see free channels like MeTV, GetTV, Grit, Heroes and Icons, Movies!, etc. DirecTV won't even give me the subchannels that my local tv channels carry. I am certainly paying for those in my monthly bill.

I've had Dish for over 7 years and when I first got it none of those channels were there. I saw H&I six years ago on OTA and wrote Dish about every other month for two years and nothing. They just added it a month ago.

I've had Dish for over 7 years and when I first got it none of those channels were there. I saw H&I six years ago on OTA and wrote Dish about every other month for two years and nothing. They just added it a month ago.
AT&T U-verse has had H&I for at least the last four years. They also have MeTV, but I don't know how long that has been there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts