When is the next software update coming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
The majority of the time I can’t set a new timer on my Hopper 3 and sometimes I can only do a new timer if I go to “Tools” and go to “Restore Settings” (when that option works). I also tried a partial reset and that didn’t work. I called Dish Network a few times and they gave me a case number and apparently this is going on with others as well so I think that it’ll probably be fixed with the next software update. So my question is, when will the next software update happen?

The majority of the time I can’t set a new timer on my Hopper 3 and sometimes I can only do a new timer if I go to “Tools” and go to “Restore Settings” (when that option works). I also tried a partial reset and that didn’t work. I called Dish Network a few times and they gave me a case number and apparently this is going on with others as well so I think that it’ll probably be fixed with the next software update. So my question is, when will the next software update happen?
I set timers all the time and I've never had those issues. You sure a software update is going to fix that? Also, don't take to close to the heart when they say t hey have reports of others having the same problem. That's about as right as them telling you there's a storm in your area and it's sunny out

Reactions: millerthyme59
Apparently even though I was only at 120 timers, I had too many events going on. Apparently there is also a limit to that as well. (I forgot how many the Dish lady told me.) A few weeks ago I tried to simplify my timers by instead of having multiple single channel timers on all my shows, I put practically all of my timers on "all channels". I thought by doing this I'd be less close to 200 timers and save some space, but apparently I did the opposite of what I was trying to accomplish. I did a master reset and deleted all my timers and starting fresh now. I can make new timers better now. I think I'll go back to making multiple single channel timers on many of my shows, such as shows like "The Big Bang Theory".

Reactions: charlesrshell