When Is The Next Wave Of Hd Coming On E*

There was talk of more stuff in the fall. Still I don't know if whats left is too compelling for them to act on it. The only HD channels left are a few premiums, MHD, and Food Network. Dish will never get INHD (you heard it here last).

I expect them to focus on HD locals and getting Mpeg4 fixed. Hopefully they'll get on the HDTV RSNs bandwagon along with D*.

They have a serious transponder shortage for much else. If you consider the problems with 129W, they have a major shortage.

HDTVFanAtic said:
They have a serious transponder shortage for much else. If you consider the problems with 129W, they have a major shortage.
ummm what about 118?..perhaps you should do a search b4 talking out of you a$$

HDTVFanAtic said:

Does anyone know exactly how much transponder space is left available on the 129 and 61.5 for future HD ? I am wondering if we are maxed out or if there is going to be room for more. Also, how can they put the RSN's on in HD if there is no more space available ?

Hmm I would just like to get my 4 locals in HD before Football season kicks off. I have been watching Nascar on TNTHD but would like to get my locals here in OK. :)

Cyclone said:
There was talk of more stuff in the fall. Still I don't know if whats left is too compelling for them to act on it. The only HD channels left are a few premiums, MHD, and Food Network.....
A&E HD and History Channel HD coming in Fall, but maybe not on E*

Other posts mentioned that Food HD must be put out by Dish NLT the end of August, due to the deal they made.

61.5 and 129 have space. There's even an extra bird at 61.5 that apparently isn't even being used right now (old Voom bird). Plus there are bits and pieces of bw on other birds. I've read posts that say E* has more available space right now than D*. But that will change.

I'd love to get confirmation on when 129 gets replaced- late 2007/2008?

I'd like to see Cinemax HD and TMC HD added to get more out of subscibing to those movie channels.

juan said:
ummm what about 118?..perhaps you should do a search b4 talking out of you a$$

Again, they have a serious transponder shortage. Perhaps you should do the research instead of posting out of your a$$ to find out that only a few East Coast HD LILs they don't have room on 61.5W are going there. The rest is international.

Last edited:
Lucky said:
Does anyone know exactly how much transponder space is left available on the 129 and 61.5 for future HD ? I am wondering if we are maxed out or if there is going to be room for more. Also, how can they put the RSN's on in HD if there is no more space available ?

Look at lyngsat. They have not been able to figure out how to put more than 4 HD LILs on a transponder.

If 129W and 61.5 were a hotel, the no vacancy light has been lit.

When I was on the phone with a E* rep a few weeks ago, he said they are planning to add all the old VOOM HD channels eventually, with a bunch by the end of the year.

navychop said:
61.5 and 129 have space. There's even an extra bird at 61.5 that apparently isn't even being used right now (old Voom bird). Plus there are bits and pieces of bw on other birds. I've read posts that say E* has more available space right now than D*. But that will change.

Both birds at 61.5 are being used. Now this isn't correct across the board but most of the odd transponders are being used on Rainbow 1(old voom) and most the even's are on Echo 3. There are a few this rule doesn't apply to. But you are correct stating Dish has plenty of space.

Rukes-

Actually, we are now getting all the old Voom channels. They consolidated 21 to 15 and eliminated some repeats. No actual content was discontinued. There are no other Voom channels to add.

One man's crap is another man's fertilizer. I love Equator, and a few others. I certainly watch a higher percentage of the Voom channels than I do the SD offerings in my Gold pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts