when r we gettin more hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zakary95

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
i said in the question when and r we getting any more directv told me yesterday that all the channels are basically up i don't think he has directv at home because we r missing a ton does anybody know when or heard anything

Most likely next would be Sony movie channel HD, 563. It appears to be in testing now. No word on others, sadly.

I really wish D* would get rid of about 15 of those HD cinima channels, and launch 15 new channels out of the gate. I dont know why D* is being sticklers with there bandwidth.

msmith198025 said:
I will ask the obvious. Which channels are you wanting?

I wish Directv would be so kind and ask us the same question.:)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/230404-when-r-we-gettin-more-hd.html#post23

i am seeing amc in small letters on my guide is this normal i don't remember that at all all my other channels are in caps maybe we are getting it in hd and i would like amc, e, more movie channels in hd ,lmn, diy, hln, oxygen, tmc, chiller, fox movie, soap, bbca, doc, hist,

For those who blame the PPV channels for the lack of other HD channels are mistaken. DirecTV has the space, it's all about making deals with the content providers. Don't expect the HD version of a SD channel until the existing contract is close to expiring.

Well for a lot of the most requested HD channels, DirecTV already carries the SD channel. Almost all the cable providers offer many national HD channels that DirecTV does not. I could care less if DirecTV just hooked up to Time Warner Cable, Comcast, or whatever local cable company is near their headquarters. Rent a bunch of HD boxes, connect some HDMI and uplink that content.

They already pay Rainbow media for AMC for example... What's the harm in showing it in HD? Wouldn't Rainbow media PREFER their content was viewed in HD by a larger audience? It would make their content look so much better, and more people are willing to watch HD programs than SD. More viewership = more money from advertising. Plus I'm sure the director of Mad Men, for example, would much rather people enjoy his content in glorious HD. After all that hard work and time the production team put into the show, wouldn't they want people to enjoy it in the best quality as possible?

Same theory goes for BBC America, Fuse, G4, Style, E!, CNN Headline News, and many more.

Seems like the content providers need to give DirecTV a quick swift kick in the arse... or something. Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter, Cox, Service Electric, Mediacom, Suddenlink, AT&T, Verizon, and many others aren't having this problem. What makes DirecTV any different? And Beyonce said this would be an "upgrade". HA! What does she know, she was paid lots of money to sing that song and dance around on the commercial.

Well for a lot of the most requested HD channels, DirecTV already carries the SD channel. Almost all the cable providers offer many national HD channels that DirecTV does not. I could care less if DirecTV just hooked up to Time Warner Cable, Comcast, or whatever local cable company is near their headquarters. Rent a bunch of HD boxes, connect some HDMI and uplink that content.

They already pay Rainbow media for AMC for example... What's the harm in showing it in HD? Wouldn't Rainbow media PREFER their content was viewed in HD by a larger audience? It would make their content look so much better, and more people are willing to watch HD programs than SD. More viewership = more money from advertising. Plus I'm sure the director of Mad Men, for example, would much rather people enjoy his content in glorious HD. After all that hard work and time the production team put into the show, wouldn't they want people to enjoy it in the best quality as possible?

Same theory goes for BBC America, Fuse, G4, Style, E!, CNN Headline News, and many more.

Seems like the content providers need to give DirecTV a quick swift kick in the arse... or something. Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter, Cox, Service Electric, Mediacom, Suddenlink, AT&T, Verizon, and many others aren't having this problem. What makes DirecTV any different? And Beyonce said this would be an "upgrade". HA! What does she know, she was paid lots of money to sing that song and dance around on the commercial.

Yeah, but she looks REALLY good doing it! :D Seriously, I agree that it would be nice if Directv provided all of the hd channels you mentioned, but we have no idea why they haven't yet. It's likely a financial reason for some of them, and ancillary channels being carried for others.

With the profits they are showing every year, I do not for a minute buy the excuse that its finacial..No way.

i think directv should add epixhd as oppose to sony.. i am a dish customer and i have both channels. epix wins hands down i've watched a couple movies on the *new* sony channel and their annoying banner at the top right of the screen ruins the movies. if i were a svp of programming for directv i would definitely go with epix over sony imo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)