When should one negotiate new pricing

drbill28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I do like my services from my cable company. I would like to keep most of them. But I think my bundle pricing expires after this month or next month. If I can't get a good deal I'll have to downgrade my internet, eliminate some packages and possibly move my phone service to another provider (I can keep the number). When and how do you negotiate the pricing?

I do like my services from my cable company. I would like to keep most of them. But I think my bundle pricing expires after this month or next month. If I can't get a good deal I'll have to downgrade my internet, eliminate some packages and possibly move my phone service to another provider (I can keep the number). When and how do you negotiate the pricing?

Number porting is available to all. Non issue.
Keeping all services currently in your bundle may improve your bargaining position.
To start off the negotiation, praise the service. The CSR will thank you for being a valued customer. Then bring up your budgetary constraints. Explain that you'd like to keep the bundle but the post promotion price is too high. Ask for a discount.
If that doesn't work, threaten to cancel and always mention there is another provider that will offer you a better deal.
Do not fall for the "oh, we can offer you free movies for 6 months but at the new price"..
The way I look at it, a budget is a budget. It does not matter how many free services they offer. If the number is too much for your finances it is too much.

Thanks, I didn't know how they would respond to doing it before the bundle rate expired. Last time before I moved I was sent to retention and they hung up on me before I even spoke. Not like I was being mean or anything either.

Number porting is available to all. Non issue.
Keeping all services currently in your bundle may improve your bargaining position.
To start off the negotiation, praise the service. The CSR will thank you for being a valued customer. Then bring up your budgetary constraints. Explain that you'd like to keep the bundle but the post promotion price is too high. Ask for a discount.
If that doesn't work, threaten to cancel and always mention there is another provider that will offer you a better deal.
Do not fall for the "oh, we can offer you free movies for 6 months but at the new price"..
The way I look at it, a budget is a budget. It does not matter how many free services they offer. If the number is too much for your finances it is too much.
A helpful advise! Thanks.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)