When will Directv ADD more HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSS Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Minnesota
I had thought with their Web Site at the end of last year that they would have 100+ Channels available. I don't think we have that many? In fact, I'm unhappy about Directv taking away many of the channels and putting them into another cost package. What a bunch of crap. :hatsoff:

They should offer Americas Shopping Channels PACK and someone will probably subscribe to that as well. :)

WIth the LA mpeg-2 channels, (81,83, 87 and 89) going to mpeg-4 only on March 31, I would think that more new channels would be added shortly after that.

"Americas Shopping Channels PACK "

Again? Are you really being serious? You want DBS to package the SHOPPING channels and make them subscription based? AND, I assume in HD since thats what this thread is titled?

Come on now; really?

Oh Boy

"Americas Shopping Channels PACK "

Again? Are you really being serious? You want DBS to package the SHOPPING channels and make them subscription based? AND, I assume in HD since thats what this thread is titled?

Come on now; really?

Sarcasm anyone? As for your post and your posting history compared to mine definitely deserves respect. But this post, Come on now; really? Or am I mistaking the ";" for an either better form of sarcasm that brings shame on me or, if true, a big shame on you. I dunno lots of the internet symbolism gets lost on me.:confused:

But back on thread, I like the way things are going and have been very pleased. I do not like the extra package so I just refuse to sign up. I am confident, like everyone else, new HD is right around the corner. And, if 100 national channels were available by the end of December, they probably would have them. And, if the extra package gets bigger and better, count me a subscriber to that as well.

Will the launch be broadcast on any channel? I missed the D10 launch and had to watch it online. It would kinda neat to see it.

Yes, either the same as before (which escapes me) or it will be posted here and likely on DirecTV the day or two before the scheduled launch.

Will the launch be broadcast on any channel? I missed the D10 launch and had to watch it online. It would kinda neat to see it.

Yes, either the same as before (which escapes me) or it will be posted here and likely on DirecTV the day or two before the scheduled launch.

Charper,
The broadcast was somewhere in the high 500's, maybe 579 or there abouts.

I am sure we will have launch broadcast info soon.
If I recall, the CSR's had no idea last time that it would be shown, so calling would be a waist of time.

Jimbo

They should offer Americas Shopping Channels PACK and someone will probably subscribe to that as well. :)
Do you realize that the shoppings pay D* to air their channels instead of D* having to pay them like the non-shopping channels? Those shopping channels (while annoying I agree - though that's solved by simply removing them from your favorites) actually help keep your costs down.

Exactly Indiana! It's suprising people don't realize that and compain about then when they are the ones paying the providers but nothing about all the other channels providers carry and do have to pay which no one watches.

I had thought with their Web Site at the end of last year that they would have 100+ Channels available. I don't think we have that many? In fact, I'm unhappy about Directv taking away many of the channels and putting them into another cost package. What a bunch of crap. :hatsoff:

D* never said anywhere that they will have 100+ HD channels. They always said UP TO 100 channels, and it is if you count PPV HD channels.

I think their plan was accurate but the second HD satellite (D11) was delayed because Sea-Launch had an explosion early last year on launch. They had to cancel and delay many of their launches and as you may know from reading here, they are the ones launching D11 next Monday. The original plan was for both new satellites to be operational by the end of last year but due to this unforseen circumstance (and not DirecTV's fault) that did not occur.

Sea Launch has been incredibly successful until this incident and has also been known for unbelievable accuracy for the insertion point in orbit. It was months before their investigation was completed and launches resumed.

Sea Launch vessels set sail for port following explosion

Status
Please reply by conversation.