When will Dish Remote (iOS) Truly Work??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redman042

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Folsom, California (95630)
I upgraded to a Hopper/Joey shortly after they hit the market and overall love the setup. But I sure wish I could get reliable performance out of the iOS Dish Remote app (and DishOnline on the PC as well). Sometimes it works great, sometimes it partially works, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Currently my Hopper is on S221 and my iPad Dish Remote app is the new release that came out a couple of days ago. So I'm fully current. When I launch the app, the Recordings tab shows "no results" but the other tabs (Scheduled and Timers) show results just fine. Video won't play - I just get a black screen.

After remotely initiating a receiver reboot, now my iPad Dish Remote app shows Recordings just fine, and video plays with no problem, but Scheduled and Timers are now blank. WTH? As for Dish Online, Recordings did not show up before or after the reboot, but I just checked again while typing this and now they do. No timers are showing. I have many timers.

A nightly reboot appears to be required to get just this level of functionality.

I can report that the receiver remote control does show up in Dish Remote and appears to work, contrary to what others have reported.

Clearly there's still a lot of stability and consistency issues for Dish to work out. It would be great if Dish engineers could just tell us what to expect in the coming weeks and months. Thankfully they did have the foresight to put a remote receiver reboot function on Dish Online.

I saw this post and was reminded that I hadn't tried remote access lately, as it was always pretty lousy due, I'm sure, to many things such as Sprints really slow
network, my less than optimal home network, and the Dish software. I jhust logged on my Android and it really works well. It started quickly and the quality/speed is fine. My computer, tho would not ever start video, just the whirling disc for the past 5 minutes...

Oddly it's working for me right now, well mostly. Yesterday it didn't work at all, despite reboots and resets, and I tried both out of the house over 4G and at home on my internal network.

But now, while on my work network, I was able to stream live TV from home. However I cannot see Recordings.

The bottom line is every feature in the iPad Dish app and Dishonline.com has worked at one time or another with my Hopper+Sling setup, but there is always at least one feature not working at any given time, usually many aren't working, and often none work. It's completely random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts