When will the "add locals" feature be available for the USB Digital OTA Tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I scan one direction for channels and get them for that direction, try another direction and lose some from the previous direction. Having OTA on my TV was nice for I could add some of my locals I wasn't getting additionally from all directions, but no DVR or channel menu quality, so I got the USB Digital OTA Tuner for the Hopper to answer that but have this problem. I see that there is an "add locals" feature coming soon, which I would guess probably add channels from additional directions like the feature "add digital channels" on my standard TV. But how soon would "this feature is coming soon" be? Any approximate times, dates, or even months for that matter?

I scan one direction for channels and get them for that direction, try another direction and lose some from the previous direction. Having OTA on my TV was nice for I could add some of my locals I wasn't getting additionally from all directions, but no DVR or channel menu quality, so I got the USB Digital OTA Tuner for the Hopper to answer that but have this problem. I see that there is an "add locals" feature coming soon, which I would guess probably add channels from additional directions like the feature "add digital channels" on my standard TV. But how soon would "this feature is coming soon" be? Any approximate times, dates, or even months for that matter?

What sw version do you have? I try unplugging the ota adapter and see if it prompts you to reboot, and if so then reboot and reconnect ota again then try the ota menus.

What sw version do you have? I try unplugging the ota adapter and see if it prompts you to reboot, and if so then reboot and reconnect ota again then try the ota menus.

S230 doesn't support scanning in one channel at a time. I believe the OP is asking for when the feature will be available.

Coming soon can mean tomorrow or next year in DISH terms. The bad thing with the software in this tuner is that you have to scan each time to get any new channels and any changes to the menu ,delete one or add one, means you have to re-create all your ota timers. The old ones won't work anymore. I tested this extensively from October till it was released to the public and it still works that way. I hope that new software will come down that will correct this feature, so it works like the Vip series of ota tuners do.

It must be coming soon else why would they but the button on the screen. I need this also, I pulls OTA from two tv markets. Different directions so I need the add button working. Please

I know this thread is almost three years old, but it still says "Coming Soon". Three years? I wonder how long, "It will be a while." is?

I wish they'd just remove the damn button so people stop asking... It's been "coming soon" since day # 1 of the Hopper's OTA module release.

mettoo i wish someone would fix this also but the chances are probaley sliim to none on our chances of having it get fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)