when will the splitter or whatever it is call be ready to us

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sguest9

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Athens ga
i know its not a splitter but i can not remember what it is called. they have been testing it for a while and was wanting to know when it would be ready. i have 2 dvrs with one line and can not run another line to them. any time frame would be nice. i know it has been being tested for a while.

i know its not a splitter but i can not remember what it is called. they have been testing it for a while and was wanting to know when it would be ready. i have 2 dvrs with one line and can not run another line to them. any time frame would be nice. i know it has been being tested for a while.
Single wire management is what I think its called. Beats me, but it should have been built into the boxes already IMO.

SWM,
Like vurbano said, not yet...

Still in Beta testing.

There still is no word as to if it will be available to the public or if it's a installation only item.

Jimbo

A distributor that I buy from (NACE) sent me an e-mail blast saying they have them available, but they are in VERY limited quantities right now...

Any price and does it come with any type of instructions.

It didn't say & I didn't ask them, since I'm not in the market right now for them. But, since it would be a wholesale price, I probably shouldn't devulge it here anyway. ;)
I would think it would come with instructions...

Its called a single wire multiswitch. And from my limited understanding of it your Directv system will still need to be installed with a certain way in order to even be able to use it. In other words just because youre installation is working fine doesnt guarantee you will be able to use the SWM.

Any price and does it come with any type of instructions. Jimbo

I read:

"they are pretty expensive. everybody has been pm'ing me asking me that so i will post it here. the swm is 189, the power inserter is 69, plus shipping to me and then i would have to ship to whomever wanted one. by time it was said and done i bet it would be pushing 280-300 bucks

SCREW THAT NOISE! I can run RG6 and fish my own walls cheaper!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts